part 12

It felt great walking with Jughead, I told basically everything about my life. Even though he wouldn't tell me anything about his past I knew he was trying to change himself for the present and future so I no longer asked him questions about his past, he'll tell me when he is ready too.
    "Want to head to pops? I'm starving for a burger or something." He asked.
    I smiled, "Of course."
    I felt butterflies flutter away in my stomach when I felt his hand slide into mine. Our fingers intertwined with one another perfectly. Like they where ment for each other to hold.
    I felt Jughead look at me, as if he was asking me if it was okay. All I did was smile at him and lay my head on his shoulder. He ended up rapping his arm around me as we walked down the sidewalk to pops. Which wasn't too far away from the school, just a few blocks.
    It was a peaceful walk to Pops, we enjoyed the scenery around us. And took a few pictures of one another on each other's phone.
    "Here you go Jughead, one burger, and a milkshake. And for betty, a burger with a strawberry milkshake." Pop said as he layed our food on the table.
    I seen jug look greatful at his food. Then realized we had another thing in common, we loved good food.
    After a few conversations and laughs I almost leaped into the air when I heard someone start to scream.
    "Betty. Get down!" I heard Jug whisper to me.
    I got underneath the table, "Jug get your ass down here!" I told him as he just stared in shock.
    I thought a person was robbing the restaurant, "Jug please." I tugged on his pant leg.
    "I think he seen me. Through the window." Jug said shaky.
    "I don't care!" I grabbed jug and forced him under the table.
    After he was under I hugged him tightly, "You could've got hurt jug!" I told him.
    He hugged me back, "be quiet." He stated as we heard the doors of Pops open.
    "Pop you'll give me all of the money available in that cash register right now." I heard the robber say.
    I felt tears roll down my face and jug placed his hand on the back of my head to pull me in closer.
    I heard the cash register open and the sound of paper getting thrown, "Faster man!" The guy shouted.
    "Any other people in here?" I heard the robber ask.
    "No sir. They all ran out the back when they seen you coming." I heard Pop say, he was covering for the people that hid beneath the tables.
    "If I see anyone or hear anyone they're getting shot. Hear THAT?!" The guy screamed.
    At this point I was so scared, I was shaking and trembling. The guy had a gun. I couldn't help but grab out my phone and dial 911 in the buttons. I let my phone ring without saying anything. The food would trace my phone and save pops.
    After I dialed the number Jughead pressed his face into my hair because what happened next would ruine us forever.
    A gun shot. Then the bell of Pops.