Prologue

Paige POV

This couldn't be happening. I needed more time. I held her hand tightly in my own, afraid that once they called her name...i would have to let go. But I couldn't. I didn't want to. I looked at her, my dark eyes meeting her indigo ones. I could feel the tears coming so I quickly looked down, hoping she hadn't seen anything. But she had becuse I felt her hand lift my chin up. She gazed into my eyed for a brief second before connecting our lips. The world dissapered around us as we kissed. Then something made us snapp back to reality, a voice. Loud and cold called out a name...Her name.

"Jaye Bloodtorn!"

Everyone in the room feel silent, even the candors. I could feel the tears fall down my cheeks as i looked at her. She gave me a sad smile and kissed my hand softly before standing up. I watched her, crying silently. She began to walk down. I was about to lose her. I closed my eyes in an attempt to stop the tears, but they just kept coming. I could hear people whisper to each other.

"She is definitely choosing Candor, I mean that girl always had a big mouth" one whispered and another answered "No way, She never spoke a word. I'm sure she'll choose amity" there was a paus before a voice whispered "Dude, have you seen that girl fight?"

I dug my nails into my palm to keep myself from punching whoever said those things. I opened my eyes and let a sigh escape my lips. She was halfway there now, soon she would be gone. Soon I would have lost her. I dug my nails deeper, closing my eyes shut. I suddenly shot up from my chair "Stop!" I called out and everyone fell silent. All the whispers stoped. I began to run down, ignoring all the looks.

Jaye looked surprised as I tackled her with a hug. But she quickly hugged back, tracing tiny circles with her thumb on my back. "Paige?.." she asked quietly but I interrupted her with a soft kiss. I wasn't gonna let this girl go. I could feel her kiss back with her normal tenderness. I brought my hand up and cuped her cheeks gently, deepening the kiss with a sad smile. She finaly pulled away and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. I looked up on her, tears streaming down her pale cheeks. I kissed them away "I'll miss you like the stars misses the sun in the morning skies" I whispered. She cracked a small yet sad smile.

"I'll miss you too.." She leaned in close, her soft breath tickling my ear "My stardust"

Something grabbed me, or someone to be exact. I let out a small scream "No! Let me go" I cried, trying to get out of there grip. But they just dragged me back to my seat. Once there I curled up, crying silently. I hated this. I hated that this had to be the end. I hated that this wasn't a dream. I hated that I couldn't be able to walk up to see her every morning. I wiped away my tears and looked up as the same cold and loud voice called out.

"Erudite!"

I could hear cheers and claps. I could see smiles and happy faces all around the blue crowd. It made me even more sad. It made me angry 'How can they be happy!? I just lost the one person that has ever cared about me..do they even care at all?!' I thought, then sighed quietly 'Of course they don't care..nobody cares'

I saw how the love of my life dissapered amongst the erudite. And my heart shattered. It was almost like I could hear the pieces fall to the ground. I stood up as all the other Dauntless did and began to head down towards the exit with them with a big hole in my chest. I couldn't believe it. She was gone. She was gone and she was never coming back.

This is my 4th freaking story😂 I just love writing. I'm probbaly going to forget the stories in like 1 year but ehhh! I'm writing now, right? Anyways, I know this was a short prologue. Btw this is a Jaige fanfic. It's THE best Oc ship between my character, Paige, and my girlfriends (ThaliaGraceClaryFray ,love you💜) character, Jaye. Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter.
~The author❤