Early Mornings

"Clara?"

"Hhmph." Clara replies from the bed where she is wrapped in warm, cream colored sheets.

"You've got to get up sleeping beauty." John whispers to the mess of chocolate brown hair. Turning her grumpy face away from her pillow to look at the clock, Clara frowns at John.

"It's 4 o'clock in the morning. Go to bed." Clara says, her voice crackly and tired.

"Clara, we have to go to the airport. Washington? Remember?"

"Washington?" She says, pulling their rainbow quilt tighter around her shoulders.

"Wait Washington... We have to get to the airport!" Clara exclaims clambering her way out of bed.

An hour later John and Clara pull up to their private jet sent by TARDIS to be met by Jack and River, both equipped with coffees.

"Now, aren't you just a ray of sunshine." Jack says handing a cup of coffee to Clara.

"Shut up." Clara says, her hair in a messy bun and wearing skinny jeans and a hoodie.

"It was an early morning..." John says while taking a sip of his coffee only to spit it out in disgust.

"How do you people drink this? This is... Clara, you drink coffee?" John questions noticing the Starbucks cup she's cradling.

"Nope." She says taking another sip of the caffeinated drink, and no one asks any more questions as they board the jet.

Once on, they all settle down with files, Jack tinkering with cameras and other gadgets. After looking through all the evidence she needs before she gets to TARDIS headquarters, Clara pulls a magazine labeled "Brides" out of her canvas messenger bag, curling up in her seat.

"Wedding planning are we?" Asks River who's reading some kind of celebrity gossip magazine.

"Yes... And about the wedding, I was wondering if you would be my maid of honor?" Clara asks. She was an only child, and even though asking a woman she had only known for a month was a bit of a stretch, River was the best friend she had known in a long time.

"Of course! Kinda get tired of all of those Vegas drive-through weddings." River says happily, and the two look through Pinterest and the magazine for the rest of the ride, the men interjecting every once in a while with ideas.

"It'll be an open bar?"

"Where is it?"

"Can I wear a bow tie?"

"Who are we going to invite?"

Now that was a good question. Clara's father and some of her extended family would want to come, but what about John's family? He had an aunt who raised him in England, but John never brought her up. Was her name Jane... Clara remembered him mentioning a Jane.

As the place ride came to a close Clara got up to change into something to wear at TARDIS headquarters, John having already changed into a sports jacket, Jack wearing grey pants and a navy blue dress shirt, and River wearing black pants that flare out at the bottom and a tan blouse. They had become big buzz around TARDIS, and she wanted to make a good impression. She hadn't been there since training.

Clara made her way into the bathroom and took her hair out of the messy bun it currently was in. Brushing it out so it fell around her hair in loose waves still there from the day before, she applied a little bit of makeup (with, of course, her usual petite eyeliner wings that she had perfected over the years and crimson lipstick) and then pulled her outfit out of her bag.

Once she was changed, she stepped out of the bathroom and took her seat just as the plane prepared for landing. She was wearing a navy blue pencil skirt that hugged her legs, and a short sleeved white blouse that she tucked into her skirt. She felt the plane begin to descend and held onto John's hand, feeling safe as they cruised onto the runway.

I already have some really exciting characters for the next chapter... :)

Hint: It's one of my OTPs

Will try to update ASAP, if you want to vote or comment I'd love it, if you don't I still love you *internet hug*