TREE HOUSES ☁︎ The CROWN

"What the hell is this place?"

(The CROWN, Part 32)

Do you remember Negan saying this about the tree houses? The place that Sally brought him into? The one that wouldn't let him sleep because of all the creaking? The place that made him drop the first f-word in my story because there was nothing better to describe the sight of the treehouse settlement?

Yes, I'm showing you my inspiration behind the tree houses in this update.

We first come across this concept through Nico. We are following his footsteps across a wooden floor.

Worn out hardwood floor creaked under dusty heavy leather boots. The rushing pace composed a cacophonic chant radiating the sense of emergency across a narrow wrap around porch of an oversized tree house.

(The CROWN, Part 28)

All it took to trigger this idea of tree houses was actually one picture. And the idea of its history and people living in it began to unwind one after another...

 And the idea of its history and people living in it began to unwind one after another

The house Xavier was staying in was build in the oldest strongest tree. It was the biggest residence of the colony and in the time of emergency could take in all the people. It was their diner, their infirmary, their armory, their town hall, their inn, all in one tree under one roof.

(The CROWN, Part 29)

What a great place to steer clear of the walkers, right? But it did not end with one house. Like strings attached, I saw ropes and bridges binding the main tree house to smaller ones in nearby trees.

The wrap around porch of a massive wooden tree house Nico was pacing earlier to get to Xavier was just a small part of entangled tree house settlement

The wrap around porch of a massive wooden tree house Nico was pacing earlier to get to Xavier was just a small part of entangled tree house settlement. The housings were all interconnected by a jungle of rope bridges creating a port in a storm, up in the air for the tree house community.

(The CROWN, Part 29)

Creating this settlement I kind of felt amazed just like Negan when he saw it for the first time, except I proceeded from the main house

Negan's eyes roamed other sheds up in the air similar to the one he was staying in, they followed the rope bridges until the strings led him to the biggest residence. And it was beyond him how they raised a housing like that with three freaking stories in a tree.

(The CROWN, Part 32)

I can just easily see Negan and Sally standing on this porch, Negan leaning on Sally for support, kissing her hair... does it do the same for you?

I really wish I could just take pictures of what I have in my head but then again

I really wish I could just take pictures of what I have in my head but then again... you are capable of building this world in your own minds and I bet the imageries are even better than I can come up with. Are there some touch ups you would do to this treehouse settlement?

"Jesus," Negan blew up, "what is this place, anyway? Can't get a good night sleep here, it won't stop creaking." He lost count how many times the high stressed material yanked him from his slumber.

"We're in a treehouse," Sally let him know.

"What the hell?" He grabbed the bedsheets as if trying to stop himself from free falling.

(The CROWN, Part 32)

☁︎

To see more of my inspiration hit my brand new Pinterest board dedicated to Sally:

https://www.pinterest.com/thestormyclouds/sally/

or my Tumblr:

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thestormycloudshorizon

🌩