Chapter 3: Midnight Black

Not long after i'd broken the lock my dumb little brother Asher ratted me out yet again. My mother was fuming mad and demanded we pull over at the nearest grocery store. When we finally arrived she jumped out of the car and slammed the door behind her. I watched her petite yet powerful frame march in and it suddenly became very relevant where I get my signature death glare from. Dad, Asher and I all sat in silence, knowing that I had screwed up big time but not wanting to say anything. "V, you should really listen to your mom" Said my dad, breaking the silence. "Yeah I know," I said as I looked at his green wristband. He'd worn it every day since his clock began to count down. My mom and dad are definitely hopeless romantics. They decided to get married without ever letting their soul tracker's define them. "She really does just want what's best for you."  Sure she does. She just wants me to feel like a little kid. She doesn't care about what's really best for me. My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by my mother violently swinging the car door open. Soon enough we were on the road again and a brand new Midnight black band was tightly clasped around my wrist.
    Fast forward three hours and I finally unlocked it. It read Three months, 16 days, 13 hours, 6 minutes and 48 seconds. Maybe I should text Tansen. No, I couldn't. I'm too embarrassed after what happened when I left. I am a terrible person for that. I just sacrificed my best friend in the whole world because of my stupid feelings- but whatever.
    I sat back in my seat and let out a sigh of frustration. I put in my headphones and tried my best to fall asleep, but my thoughts wouldn't leave me alone. I wish I could take back what I said, and let everything go back to normal- maybe then id still have my best friend. I hate to admit it but I probably needed him more than he needed me. He'd always been there for me, through everything- but I was selfish and pushed him away from me. I didnt know we could be any farther apart than this move would put us but I was sorely mistaken. Just then my phone buzzed.
    1 New Message from : super big dorky nerd.     who needs to get a liiiiiife (tansen)

        "Ava, we need to talk. Call me when you can. I miss you already."

Oh no.