Dear Diary, Day 1

Dear Diary, Day 1

 Orphan, is what my 7 year old brother and I are now called. “Fire” is what ended our family and ,what now is my greatest fear. My name is Leah, and we are on a private jet on our way to London. Me, a 17 year old girl, have just left everything behind and my brother who has his stuffed cat with him at all times are ready to change our lives.

Now most people would be thinking “Why are you going to London and not a foster care that is closer and in the states?” Well my parents already had there will written as if they knew they were going to die on that horrible day, because they wrote there will, about 6 days before they died. The fire started 3 days ago. I was walking my little brother home from school, and we saw fire trucks raging down the barren street. I remember thinking, “Don’t turn right, don’t turn right,” and I remembering my heart stop when they turned right and into our mile long driveway. I picked up Alex and ran faster than a contestant in the Olympics. I saw the flames and coming from every window, smoke following suit.

I already knew it before I saw it, Alex white faced, standing still his stuffed cat clutched between his hands mercifully. I told him to stay here, and before I know it I am in the house, and there it is, the bodies. The burnt bodies. I’m crying now I can’t see anything, then nothing but a horrible stillness as I wake up in the hospital a chunk of debris fell from the ceiling and struck me in the head Alex is here, and he says two words that kill me on the inside he says “They’re dead they’re dead” Now, I’m dead.

So there you have it. Our tragic story of how we lost our beloved parents. As I sit here on the plane next to the window with Alex next to me with bags under his eyes. He hasn’t been able to sleep for the past 2 days. He would fall asleep and wake up 2 hours later crying, then would be to scared to go back to sleep. It is so sad to see my little brother, my flesh and blood, so miserable. I knew if I was 18, I would have had custody of him, but I’m still 17, but my birthday is in 4 months. They couldn’t wait to die, wait why did they have to die. I was in the house before the fire and I left to get Alex, and 30 minutes later, I find out they are dead. Dead. It kills me inside to say that, How ironic.

I wake up to the distressed cry of my brother under the seat, what’s happening I’m thinking then I realize the rapid descent, this is not supposed to happen. “What happened I yell.” I see it the smoke “the the Fire!”.

Outside the window, the engine under the wing has caught fire. I begin to hyperventilate and one of the stuartists, Annabeth comes out with two parachutes. 

“The turbines blew out you two have to evacuate now! The captain and I will follow suit, now go!” she says as she shoves the backpacks into our arms.

 Alex begins to cry and I try soothing him by flattening his hair of his head as I ease the backpack on to him. After he’s all strapped in, I put mine on and we walk up to the door of the plane. Annabeth pulls pen the door and yells at us to jump. I look below and all I see is blue water. I look at Alex and he takes my hand. He squeezes it, and I squeeze back in reassurance. And then we do the craziest thing that could easily endanger our lives. We jump into the blue waters.          

********************

A/N: Alex and I (Dalia) decided to do this and collaberate at make this story. Hope you like it!