Two

Hey I don't know what you're suppose to do at  sponsorships dinner but aye enjoy that's all that matters skrrt skkrt k i should stop
________________________________

The room which consisted mostly of men stood up shook my parent's hands. I, on the hand was trailing behind them. I do not know who these people are, but they look like they work for something important. I looked at my heels while the people in the room acknowledge my father's importance. I do not like being under the spotlight, because usually it is mistaken for flexing my privilege and name.

"Chin up, Willow. Tonight, you're a princess." I looked up to see my mother smirking at me.

My father sat on the last chair near the head of the table and mother sat beside him. "Willow, why don't you sit with those boys your age. You probably want to relate with them more than staying silent and listen to us adults blabber about business right?" My mother says and she's got a point. I would probably take an accidental nap from sitting near the adults. Business is boring, I always say.

I took the last seat near a blond boy who was busy chatting with an older man with a scruff. They all stopped talking by the time I placed my bum on the cushioned seat and shoved it further into the table. I noticed their stares, so I smiled at them. Their stares aren't very comfortable so I cleared my throat. Maybe the fierce look didn't exactly fit me. So I switched my brain back to the awkward angsty teenager I am.

"What's good?" I greeted them.

Their faces softened, like they are somehow relieved. Which gave me a hypothesis. They were intimidated by how my family and I walked in that they forgot that I am actually a normal teenager. The idea of them trying to act professional in front of their business partner's daughter was in their minds the whole time before I sat down and greeted them.

"Evening, my name's Daniel." The man with the scruff and an Australian accent greeted me. He reached his hand over to me for a handshake. This time I was the one in relief as the chances of having an awkward dinner table will be avoided. I shook his hand.

"Hi, I'm Max." The blond boy to my left greeted more casually. I looked at the man to my right side. Busy talking to his colleagues to acknowledge. But not that I care, it seems like he does not want to be involving himself around teenagers like me. I looked back and Max and shook his hand. On behalf of the other two sitting parallel to me he introduces them. "Right in front of you is Pierre-" I looked at him and smiled. "to his right is Brendon."

"Oh, I know you." I said to Brendon. "You won at Le Mans two years ago, didn't you?"

"That's me, yes." He chuckled to his amusement.

"I actually have no idea what I'm doing here and who my parents are involving themselves with but um- hi, I'm Willow." I introduced myself.

"Nice name." Daniel remarked.

"But considering you know who Brendon is, want to take a guess on what we work for?" Max asked.

"Are you lot part of an endurance team?" I guessed. It did make sense.

"You're close."

"But you guys are teammates right?"

"You can say that."

"You can tell me the answer." I mocked and looked at him. I am not good at guessing or using my brain in general.

"Red Bull Racing- does that ring a bell to you?" Daniel asks. The only bell that's ringing is the bell trying to wake my brain up and use it.