Chapter Six

-Zach's pov-
Gray and I work on getting the battery out of the cart. We are both really jumpy and nervous, me especially so. I don't like that Mor was inside on her own. I know she can handle herself, but, having her next to me, was comforting. Being able to see her was comforting, to see her vibrant emerald eyes that sparkle when she laughs. Something about her was calming.
Suddenly a few twigs snap in the forest and we go deathly quiet. I looked everywhere for it, for that thing.
"You think it's out there," I ask, then immediately regret it when I see Gray's terrified face, "I mean, I know for a fact, that it's not out there, all right? We're totally safe."
I take the battery and hand it to him, "here, take this. You're stronger than me."
I turn to close the hood of the cart when he starts talking, "Zach?"
"Yeah," I ask, looking over at him again.
"Do you like Mor," he asks.
My eyes widen a little bit, "uh, no. Why would you-"
"I see the way you look at her," he cuts me off, "it's not like how you usually look at girls. It's different."
I sigh, there was no use arguing with this kid, he was to smart, to observant.
"Yeah well, she's different," I say, a slight smile on my lips, "she's not like most girls."
"Yeah," Gray laughs, "she rides dinosaurs."
I laugh, "yeah."
"Zach," Gray says again, "do you like her?"
I sigh, nodding my head, "maybe just a little bit. But don't tell her that, ok? Or I'll kill ya."
He smiles, "I won't."

-Mor's pov-
The boys came back in with the battery, both of them smiling. I look between them suspiciously, but both of them refuse to catch my gaze.
I shake my head, "I don't want to know, come on, let's get this baby up and running."
Gray brings over the battery to me and takes the old one over to a table.
Zach and I begin to put the battery into the Jeep.
"Gray, I put the keys to the Jeep in the ignition," I tell him, "sit in there and wait for us to tell you to start it."
He nods and walks around to the driver's side of the Jeep to get in.
Zach gets the battery in place and I start to connect the wires. We stand side by side, our shoulders touching.
"Almost done," I say, turning my head to smile at him.
"Yeah," he says, turning as well.
Our faces are only a few inches apart. I can feel his breath on my lips. I look into his deep brown eyes, for the first time noticing the specks of gold in them, and the hint of green around the center. Those eyes glance down, only for a second, and then back up at my own.
"Are you guys almost done," Gray asks from behind the hood of the car.
Zach shifts away and nods, "uh yeah. All right. Turn it over."
The Jeep stutters to a start and I jump happily.
"Whoo."
"It works," Gray yells happily.
I reach up to close the hood of the Jeep, "hell yeah it does."
Gray climbs into the back seat, I get into the passenger seat, and Zach climbs into the drivers.
"I thought you failed your driver's test," Gray asks Zach.
"You, what," I snap at Zach.
"No," he says, "only the driving part."
I scoff, "if I die, Zachary, I'll kill you."
He laughs, pressing the gas pedal. We drive out of the garage and I throw my seatbelt on quickly. I definitely should have driven.
"See. I'm not so bad," Zach laughs, looking at me.
"Keep your eyes on the damn road," I yell at him, laughing.
He turns his eyes back to the road, and I let my head fall against the headrest, closing my eyes. We were going to be ok, we will get back to the resort and that thing will get caught, and we'll be ok.
I open my eyes again and find Zach watching me, switching his eyes to the road every few moments.
"I know I'm beautiful, but you need to watch the road," I say.
He awkwardly coughs, "sorry."
Gray leans forward from the back seat, "he can't help it, he thinks you're cute."
"Shut up," Zach whines, playfully swatting his brother, "no I don't."
I smirk, "so I'm not cute?"
"No! That's not... you are.... you are cute," Zach stutters.
I laugh, "why thank you, Zach. You're not to bad yourself."
He looks over at me with a raised eyebrow, "really?"
I nod, turning back to the road, "don't let that go to your head though. Lord knows its big enough."
Ahead of us on the road comes a very old rusty gate, from the old park. I look at Zach, and he smirks, speeding up. I tuck my head down, waiting for the impact. We slam through it, both gates swinging open. We all laugh, adrenaline rushing through us.
"Okay, that's it," Zach says, "we're safe now."
"Yeah, the resort should only be a couple more minutes away," I say, a smile lighting my lips as I look at Zach.
The moment is short lived, because one moment, we're safe, and the next Gray is yelling. I turn in my seat and see a bunch of aerial dinosaurs flying above us.
"Go," I yell at Zach.
"Oh shit," he yells, stepping on the gas.
We rush through the forest, Gray and I watching for any of the dinosaurs.
We get to a grassy clearing, and we see a gate ahead of us. We all start yelling.
"Open the gate," I yell, "help us! Open the gate!"
Zach honks the horn as we continue yelling. The two guard posted on the top of the gate don't move for a moment, and then they must see it. The swarm of aerial dinosaurs chasing after us. The gate starts to open and we rush through it.