1. Love

It was a Tuesday, when she felt this for the first time. It made her happy, and excited, yet shy and insecure. This feeling was new. When he looked at her, or just even glanced, there was this fire blowing up inside her chest, longing for a longer stare. When their eyes met, it felt like the gate of heaven was opened for just a while, and a small amount of light leapt through and found the way to their hearts. She knew what she felt. But, he didn't. The confusion, and the frustration kept him hesitating to do something.

Anthony James Reinford was sitting on the bench near the tree, Willow Park. His brown curly hair tickeled his eyes, and he tried to put the hair back behind his ear. But that didn't fit his haircut, and he knew that very well. He looked down. There were his white All-Stars, and his ripped black jeans. He liked wearing the trendy clothes, he liked fitting in. A warm, thin hand touched his shoulder lightly, and he looked up. It was her. Hailey Spenser, to be exact. The looked each other in the eyes, and both found their favourite colour. Hailey smiled, while Anthony was thinking about what to do. She joined him on the bench, and looked down at her shoes as well. Anthony spoke. "Hailey " , he said. "Hailey, why would you join me? Did you just... walk by, or were you looking for me?" He sounded soft, but also harsh. He was nervous. Hailey looked at Anthony, and nodded. "Hey, I saw you sitting here. I was thinking, like, well..." She stopped. "I like you." Anthony looked up. Their eyes met again. "I like you too, eh eh." They just sat there. It was the beginning of something new. A beginning of something completely different.