Lovesick Idiot (Chapter 1)

Jesus Christ...
Michael looked over at the boy sitting on the beanbag beside him, eyes narrowed at the flickering TV screen and his face scrunched up in concentration. He stared at the other for a long moment, fighting the urge to snicker. Jeremy looked so... concentrated, his nose was scrunched up, eyebrows furrowed, and eyes lit up with determination. Though it stopped as Michael heard a loud animated crash come from the speakers.
Jeremy jolted, concentration breaking for a moment to give Micheal a sideways glance. "Dude! What the hell!?" He exclaimed, "You said you would cover the left side!"
Michael quickly focused back onto the screen, where he could see his little pixelated character had been shoved into the corner of the game area, with a little blinking light above his head which pretty much meant he had died, leaving Jeremy to deal with the rest of the little Zombies attacking.
He huffed, hands back on the controller. "Sorry, I blanked for a moment there." It was a pretty lame excuse, but Jeremy seemed to buy it.
Just as Jeremy's little character was defeated, a loud buzz broke the small intermission of silence. It was Jeremy's phone.
He jumped, blue eyes widening momentarily to make an expression that made Michael chuckle
The taller of the two picked up his phone, looking down at the illuminated words on the screen. "Oh shit! Christine texted me... I completely forgot to tell you! I'm meeting up to have lunch with her soon." He put his phone down and looked up hesitantly. "Do you mind? I have to..."
Michael held his hand up to silence the other. "Not at all. Go to your girl Jer." He said, smiling sideways at the other.
Jeremy's eyes lit up and he jumped up from the spot he was sitting in. "Awesome! Thanks bro! I promise we can do this again for longer another time." He assured him before grabbing his bag and dashing out of the room. "Bye!"
Michael lifted his hand to wave, but the other was long gone before he could even get it up. "Heh yeah... bye" he muttered to himself softly.
He stood up and trudged over to the tv, turning off the game system then the whole thing. "Oh yeah, ditch your best friend since forever for a girl you met a few years ago, Mhmm... he won't mind!" He huffed, crossing his arms and flopping back into his beanbag chair.
Now that Jeremy was gone earlier than expected, he wasn't really sure what to do. He let out a small huff again, closing his eyes.
     The image of Jeremy, fixated on the TV screen from earlier appeared in front of his eyes.
      Jeremy was so... cute back there. He let himself get distracted by it and then Jeremy had to leave. God. Next time Michael had to be more careful. Jeremy might think he was weird or something. He certainly didn't want that to happen. Jeremy leaving him wouldn't make his situation any better, would it?
       The situation is that, well, Michael is Love sick to put it plainly. Well, not literally... that's impossible. But he's had sort of a small crush on Jeremy ever since the first year of high school. He always thought maybe he had a chance with him until the Squip, and Christine. It just all sort of gave him a wake up call. A very quick, and sudden one.
      That doesn't mean he stopped liking Jeremy though. Quite the contrary. In a strange way, he liked the other even more now if possible.
      It sucks.
"Hmph..." slowly, his eyes opened again, and all he could see was the dull television screen now.
      Tiredly, Michael got out of his chair and stood up. Lazily starting a small journey to his bedroom.
       In the hallway though, the phone in his pocket buzzed quietly. He pulled out the device and went to his messages, noticing he got one from Jeremy.

Player 2 (Jeremy): Hey! Again sorry about running out so suddenly. I'm free to hang out this Wednesday if you want. Does that sound good?

    A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. He felt like a silly lovesick schoolgirl for being so happy about the simple message, but he didn't care much. Quickly, he typed up his response.

Me: Sounds great. Same place, and same time as usual.

Though he waited a bit, there was no response from the other, so he just assumed that was a yes.
     Michael had made it to his room and jumped onto his bed, smiling like an idiot.
      A few seconds later, the phone in his pocket buzzed yet again. "Hm?"