Will's Thoughts

"Will!"

Will Solace, Apollo cabin counselor and head healer in the infirmary, is used to being called and needed. He just wishes he could pause everything for a moment. He's been in the infirmary most of the day today, and while, in the past, this would have been perfectly fine, now he has someone who he wants to give his full attention to and be with at all times.

It is a miracle that he's dating Nico di Angelo. Well, actually, not really. It was pretty obvious they liked each other, but both boys were too nervous and self-conscious about everything until Will mustered up the courage to ask the son of Hades out (with some pushing from Jason, Percy, and his entire cabin).

With a sigh, Will turned from the stack of papers he was working through to see one of his younger siblings quickly walking up to him. "Yes?"

"Where do we keep the salves for lava burns?" She was relatively new to the infirmary.

"In the cabinet right over there, left side." Will, on the other hand, knew this place inside and out.

"Okay thanks!" she waved as she walked away.

Will ran a hand through his hair, glancing at the clock on the wall. Dinner's almost done, he thought, I wonder if Nico will visit. He smiled at the thought of seeing the beautiful, dark-haired boy. Nico was the one person he couldn't think about without smiling, bringing with it excitement and renewed energy.

"Thinking of someone?" Kayla sidled up to him with a knowing smile.

Will simply rolled his eyes, unable to deny his sister. "What do you want?"

She smirked as she asked, "I just wanted to know what you and Nico are doing for Valentine's Day tomorrow?"

Will tilted his head as thought this over again - he'd been thinking about it all day - and said, "Not that I don't love the holiday and want to make my first one in a relationship special, but I'm thinking I just won't bother with it. I mean, me and Nico, it's just all so new, you know? And he's not used to showing affection so I don't want to push him into anything too fast. Besides, you should be loving to your significant other every day, not just Valentine's Day. I dunno, it really doesn't sound so bad, honestly. I just want to spend time with him." It was true - Will really really liked Nico, but he felt like he should show that affection every day, show Nico that someone truly cared for him in every way. Maybe it'd be nice to do something romantic or fancy, but Will wouldn't push.

"Hm, guess that makes sense. That's really thoughtful, Will. I never looked at it that way." She smiled at him and gave him a pat on the back as she stood to leave. "Nico's pretty lucky to have you, bro."

As she walked away, Will could only think that he was the lucky one. He gets to know Nico in a way no one ever has, and that's really what he wants. Sure, Will is a hopeless sucker for romantic gestures, but he'd rather let Nico be comfortable and work on his timetable than accidentally scare him away.

Will was sure tomorrow would be fine, as long as he got to be with Nico.