{01}

My biggest a deepest secret the one I was so afraid to confess with fear of loosing everyone who I loved... Was going to be coming to light in a few hours our family would sit down at dinner tonight and I would be coming out about this thing that has been eating away at me that I was not like every normal girl some might say 'Oh, honey its only a faze' or 'get the hell out of this house!' my biggest fear was telling them it's not a faze that I have never been more sure of anything in my life then I am sure of this.

I looked at my parents as they looked at me from across the room as my older sister and brother looked at me with intent my imagination to what their reaction to this news would be like. My mother is the one who burst into tears asking why me over and over again while my father is sitting in his chair shaking his head with disappointment, my brother is just silent shocked but at the same time he didn't seem to care, and then my sister is in pure disgust at the news.... Maybe I'm over reacting just maybe I'm wrong about how they would feel about this news.

"Juliette, sweetie what is it?" My mothers soft voice came from across the table a shaky breath escaped my lips as a hand patted mine I looked over seeing my brother looking at me nodding almost as if he knew what was going that he knew what I was hiding.

"I like girls" I finally spoke up it went silent my brothers hand still sat there on my hand as I looked between them as tears fell down my cheeks. 

"Oh, honey we already knew it's okay" my mother spoke softly she and father jumped out of their seats and took me into their arms, they excepted that I was different I closed my eyes as my brother joined into the hug but Elena didn't I looked up seeing disgust on her face as she stood up from the dinner table and stormed away.

~~~

My sister hasn't spoken to me in 2 weeks now ever since I came out, I guess she was the one I was right about just when I thought that couldn't hurt more the whole school knows that I am openly gay and not everyone is excepting of this, today was the tipping scale though the worst and darkest day of my life the night before the worst of it 

"You ruined my life!" Elena shouted in the middle of the hallway as everyone stopped to watch what was happening I stayed quiet but the more silent I was the more angry she became, "why can't you be normal!" She shouted tears trailed down my cheeks but she didn't seem to care.

"Shut up!" I screamed I shoved her just as Jeremy came around the corner she swung her hand back and slapped me so hard across the face blood came from my lower lip she then had a look of regret cross her face.

"Elena!" Bonnie shouted her and Caroline came over and took me into their arms as if to protect me.

"You want me gone then I'm gone!" I screamed I pulled away and ran out of the school before anyone could say more to me I hopped on my scooter and rode away to my rock that sat over the falls I parked the scooter and walked to the edge.

"Are you going to jump?" a voice came I turned looking over and seeing a guy he had black hair and blue eyes as he looked at me, I turned away and tears started to flow down my cheeks.

"It would be better! I'm a disappointment! I'm ruining my sisters perfect life!" I shouted out into the falls before taking a deep breath tears still rolling, "just because I'm different she hates me" I whispered just then I felt a hand on my back I looked up at the guy as he pulled me into a hug and I started to cry, I don't even know him but I felt I could trust him.

"Don't let your sister tell you what to do with your life" he whispered I stopped crying as he backed up I stood there looking up at him, "what could be so different?" he asked smirked as I laughed slightly.

"Promise you won't sneer in disgust?" I asked he scrunched up his nose as if he was thinking of something terrible, "nothing too bad!" I exclaimed.

"You aren't a Nymphomaniac are you? Cause I mean there is nothing wrong with that sex is fun!" He smirked and I busted out laughing as I slapped my knee a few times I then wiped a stray tear from my eye from laughing so hard.

"No, actually I'm a lesbian meaning I like girls" I spoke up nervously as I rubbed the back of my neck he didn't look disgusted he looked surprised.

"She hates you for that? Wow she's defiantly an idiot if you like girls so much then you should be able too. And I am not saying that because I think two chicks making out is really hot, but as someone who has been madly in love before it shouldn't matter who you love as long as your happily loving them" He spoke for once every bit of pain and sadness I felt went away.

"Wow, my Mom was right about the kindness of strangers. Juliette by the way but most just call me Julie" I held out my hand he stood there for a brief moment. "Damon, mind if I just call you Jules?" he asked I smiled.

"If I can call you Day?" I asked.

"Deal" we shook on it.