PROLOGUE

'No light can seep through a heart shrouded by the darkness of hatred not even the wonders of friendship & love.'

"Please don't do this." Naruto pleaded. He & Sasuke were currently atop the statues in the Valley of Death. He's the only one to make it that far out of the ninjas deployed to stop their deflective colleague.

"I have to & you can't stop me." he uttered coldly and in monotone.

"Is revenge all that matters to you? Is it worth leaving everything behind?" 'Leaving me behind?' the blonde asked the last part mentally yet his voice is laced with strained hurt.

It is true that they were frienimies for most their childhood, heck they even consider themselves rivals. But everyone knew there was a considerable spark between them for the last years. They were even dating for a year now which garnered them many fangirls for being the most adorable couple ever. But then all of a sudden, Sasuke goes sociopath & decided to abandon their village to go to Orochimaru.

"Are you really willing to sacrifice everything?" he continued questioning while trying to hold back tears & cracking of his voice. He knew he was good at hiding feelings, growing orphan & all but it is hell a lot harder when you're dealing with a broken heart.

"Yes it is more than anything, so go back. You're just wasting your effort trying to stop me." the black-haired guy uttered still in his cold expressionless face, forsaking Naru's desperate plea like addressing a stranger rather than a lover.

Every words that his lover spoke is cutting his heart open. Surprisingly the blonde held it all in as he sighed & graced a sad smile.

"Then I'll do everything to stop you even if I have to maim you." he uttered in an oddly calm voice.

"Try but you'll just fail." The rogue ninja replied taking a battle stance & so is Naruto.

After almost an hour of intense fighting, no one prevailed over the other as they were equal in prowess. Yet the blonde was totally drained due to the strain of chakra use. Closing his eyes & resigning himself to die by his beloved's hands, as the said man prepared the final strike towards the lying blonde. However in the final second the deflector hits the ground inches away from Naru's face. Though with eyes closed, Naruto felt drops of rain started to pour all over his weary, beaten body. He was hovering in & out of consciousness, still he sensed his boyfriend or should it be ex-boyfriend move away from him.

Just forget about me & move on with achieving your dream." he heard him whisper softly before slowly vanishes away.

Hearing that has shattered his heart completely into pieces. Despite his cold, wet, tired & beaten body nothing compares the numbing pain of his aching heart. He wanted nothing than to sleep it off & pretend that it was just a very bad dream. But the searing pain of his body just reminds him the truth. Naru felt hot tears fell off his closed eyes as reality finally sets in: Sasuke left. He felt hurt, betrayed, abandoned & alone. That was his final thoughts before he finally fell unconscious.

X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X-0-X

In this story they were already fifteen, so it's alright to date someone. Dating off twelve or thirteen year old lads is still inappropriate for me. Also, I slightly twisted the dialogue at that specific scene and didn't elaborate the fight as theirs was basically the same in the anime. Pleas refrain from bashing in your comments. Thanks!

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Bet not all of you expected my choice of the Naruto's other love interest. There are a lot of possible candidates: Kiba, Gaara and even Sai. Well Kiba-Naru is too overuse whilst there might have a spark with Gaara-Naru, Gaara is a premature child thus he'll always be smaller thus making the pair slightly off-balance. While Sai is too much like Sasuke it doesn't make sense to pair Naruto to someone who looks similar to the real deal. So I paired him off with someone who has is also prideful as Sasuke but as handsome, hot and brilliant as him.

I was also devastated about Neji's death in the series. I totally envision him breaking down his clan's restriction and changing its tradition (About main and branch families) besides I totally love their loveteam in this story after Sasunaru of course. Still all the more reason he's included in the fray.

I'm an avid fan of Naruto series so there's no question as to why I'm being thorough with this story. Hope you like it. Again, I do not own Naruto it is the creation of the ever wonderful. Only this plot is mine.

l