Chapter I

Ty's PoV

I slowly wake, bewildered. Where am I? Everything is made of wood here and I am on an uncomfortable mattress made of what feels like scratchy wool. I feel around my brown hair until I find my headset. Phew. It's the only remnant of my past I have left. My brother made it for me out of obsidian and emerald before he died to an enderman attack. Stupid, stupid little boy. Why would he look an enderman in the eye? Even I know that. I can't criticize though, because Shane was only five when he died. Seven years after that, right now, he would have been twelve. I am fifteen now. Suddenly, the door creaks open and a boy my age with sunglasses and a glowing necklace steps in. "You feeling alright?" he asks, his voice worried. But he's not worried about himself. He's worried about me. What a selfless boy. I myself can't take credit for being selfless, I have a temper occasionally but I also have a huge sense of humor. I attempt to speak but my voice is raspy from underuse, so I clear my throat and say, "How long have I been out?" The other boy mulls this over for a moment and then he says, "About a week." "WHAT?" He nods. "I'm Sky, by the way." "D-deadlox," I stutter. I try to stand up and I'm immediately greeted with dizziness. Not the slightly wobbly kind, but the kind that sends the floor moving in waves under your feet. I groan and fall back on the mattress. "Take it easy, man, you hit your head pretty hard in that enderman attack." Suddenly I'm hit by a flashback. "Shane," I whisper. Suddenly I start to yell. I'm frozen on the spot. "SHANE, DON'T LOOK IT IN THE EYE! NO! SHANE, STOP! NOOOO!" I think I pass out after that.