Gone But Not Forgotten: The Story Of Isa

Prologue

        Suppose one day, for some odd reason, you were asked to describe the word death. One may commonly use words such as "darkness", "the end", and "eternal lifelessness". Such answers to this question are based on a person's perspective (which are based on past experiences). For instance, if a person has a spectacular life, or hell, even a fairly decent life, then their views of death will most likely be far less comforting, intimidating, and even disturbing. Such people would think that death is nothing to look forward to. And who can blame them? If greatness and accordance were something that evolved around my life, I would use those words, too. In fact, I DID use those words, once upon a time. 

        On the other hand, say someone else was told to answer the question. Picture a person whose life contained nothing but sorrow, fear, and hell on Earth. Imagine someone whose life so pitiful and so heart breaking, that they actually positively waited for their end of existence and looked forward to oblivion and nothingness. It's safe to say that those people would easily view death as "merciful", "painless", and "liberating".

        Now, as I said, I was one of those people who had a negative look on death. As I grew into teen-hood, I began to secretly dread death with every new sunrise that peeked through my curtains. I figured my life was perfect, and that it would always be. I had this crazy thought that I would live forever in this big world of love, wealth, and happiness. I kept a diary to record every exciting moment in my life. I dreaded death, but for some reason, I yearned to be remembered more than anything. One day on the way home from school, my life instantly changed.  I have faced many injustices, and through my years of facing hell, I decided that maybe death wouldn't be so bad after all. Maybe I could learn to befriend it, embrace it. But the fear of being forgotten still remained embedded into my head. During "Hell", I managed to keep my diary, and still recorded everything important that happened in my life. Even though I felt pitiful and like my life wasn't worth living, I vowed to be remembered. Even though I am gone now, I will not be forgotten. 

                                                                                                                                                Isa