Chapter One

Song: Rock n' Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain) - Skrillex
Image: Esther (I don't own this image)

I rapidly run of the stairs, Ignoring the single policeman that followed right behind. I had a mask over my face so I wasn't to be identified by him, keeping him on my trail just for the fun of it. I don't hesitate once out the door atop a building, chuckling almost silently as I backed away, Waiting for the policeman to reach me. "Stop... right there!" He gasps, finally bursting the the door. I only tilt my head, a smile forming behind my mask. once he was a few feet from me i spin and leap, landing in a roll on the next building, saluting at him before continuing my adventure over the buildings, I could hear him shout out furious remarks after me as I leap over another building, chuckling more.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, allowing me to skid to a stop, hiding myself behind a ventilation system. I peer at my phone before raising my eyebrows.

A new guy is coming to school Monday, He's at the park right now!! -Rosa

Well that was new, what was she doing? Stalking him? I chuckle shaking my head slightly. Rosa was one of the top school students, Class president with all A's yet she certainly knew how to party. She was a very organized girl with a very amusing personality. If she wasn't cracking dirty jokes about guys she'd be figuring out some other way to make someone laugh. I soon get a text from Robin, another girl who was friends with Rosa and I.

I guess Rosa's going to be all over him, She's talking about how cute he is. - Robin

I chuckle, replying to the both of them with a short sentence each ending off with me being busy and that I would talk later. After all, I had to finish my run around. I get a buzz saying they'll be waiting at Starbucks near my place making me tilt my head before agreeing. I tuck the phone in my pocket before bolting along the rooftops, finally making my way down I tuck my mask in my backpack once I knew I wasn't being followed or looked at, simply smiling and pretending nothing had happened.

As I reach the Starbucks I notice Rosa standing outside, chattering with a guy, his hair short and ruffled. He seemed quite interested in what she was saying as I tilt my head. Maybe this was the new guy she was talking about. Suddenly Robin appears at my side shaking her head. "We should give them space, Who knows what she'll say about us." She says. I chuckle softly, turning to her. "Remember when she introduced us to Ward?" I ask, making her grimace. "I don't want to remember that. Thank you." She says before we chuckle, heading off away from the Starbucks.

Robin was a rather modest and spontaneous kind of person, which is why we got along so well in our childhood, However she's also kindhearted and has this stability that helped me through the rough times of when my parents would be at each other's throats, quite literally. They got sent to jail a few years ago, leaving me to live with her and her parents who were actually just as kind as her, not to mention amazing cooks. "Has dinner been planned?" I ask, tilting my head slightly. "Mom mentions something about a nut mix and steamed lime beef? Whatever she has planned I'm sure it has to be good." Robin says, making me grin. "It better be or I'm moving out." I muse.

"But I would be so sad and lonely!" Robin says before we burst into a fit of giggles. we both knew there was no way I was moving out, not as long as her mom was still cooking. I tuck my hands in my pockets, tilting my head slightly. "There's been a police report of someone running on top of the roofs, can you believe someone has the guts to do that?" She asks, eyes flickering with wonder. "God, Maybe they'll get caught sooner or later." I muse, making her chuckle. "Maybe, but I hear they're agile, They outran the cop that chased them." She says tilting her head.