Long gone

(Maryn's POV)

" I'm home..."

The door creaked and led some sunlight in. The house looked creepy as always, yet it didnt bother Maryn that much. She's used to it by now.

Maryn walked inside, she left her sling bag on the desk beside the door. Hanged her car keys on the shelves. Open her shoes, because she likes to wear just socks when she's in her or someones house. It has became a habit of hers. Being half asian and all.

She looked around to see if her dad has return from who knows where. Fortunately, not. Yet.

She's safe. For now.

She went to her room. Which was a light-ish pink theme. A bit of puple and a splash of yellow. Seems like her personality. Bubbly. Fun. Kind.
Although it hasn't seen that way ever since her mother died.

" I miss you mom. " I whispered as my tears starts to fall.

" Why did you have to go. I need you... daddy needs you. We're not the same without you ..." I began to cry. I couldn't contain my sadness. I miss her so much. I miss my dad so much. My 'old' dad.

Dad never took mom's dead as it is. He was a mess. Wrecked. I was too. But he was on another level.

The first few days, he was crying non-stop. Then came a week, he began to act like a crazy person. He kept talking to himself. Laughing all of a sudden, next he would cry all alone.
It lasted for 3 weeks. But that wasn't all.

He started to go out.
That was a good sign right? He begining to grasp some fresh air, see the trees, enjoying mother nature.
Oh, I was wrong. Dead ass wrong!

He stumbled across a bar, went inside and sat there. For a few moments, then a group of unknown lads came up to him and offered him a drink or two. He declined but they were persistent and offered him a kind gesture. He reluctantly agree and that's when the nightmare started.

Everyday, he would come home late at night in a drunk state and would yell and scream. The house was a mess thanks to him. And I'm the one who is always cleaning his mess up.
Until one day I stopped doing so.

Why did I stop cleaning?

I was scared.

My dad. My hero. My bestest friend. My protecter. My soul.

He started to abuse me.

He yelled.

He slapped.

He kicked.

And...

The worst part is...

After all the constant slapping, yelling and kicking.

He would always end his yells by saying,

" ... IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT! IF IT WEREN'T BECAUSE OF YOU, MY WIFE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE! "

Till this day, those words haunt me ever since. I've never lived a day forgeting I was the one that caused my mothers death. It was all my fault.

" ... I was suppose to die, mom. Not you. " I silently cried in my pillow. Hugging myself to sleep. And hopefully drift into a slumber where I could rest from the haunting reality.