Flashback

"Natalie!" My father called from downstairs. "Coming Papa!" I call back, closing my book and getting out of bed quickly getting dressed in the dress my mother left out for me. I shake my black-Brown hair letting it fall in waves down my back.

I hitch up the skirt going down the stairs in a rush tripping clumsily on a strip of fabric that escaped my hands falling into my fathers arms.
"Natalie-" I start laughing. A tall boy stood holding a tattered leather suitcase. I smile at him and curtsy.
"Natalie, This is Alexander Hamilton. He will be staying with us for the time being."
I vaguely notice the bruises on his cheeks.
"Hello Mr. Hamilton. I am Natalie Washington. Pleasure to meet you."
His dark brown hair held in a ponytail with two strands of hair on both sides of his face.
He nods and looks down to the floor.
"He will be staying in the room across from yours. Will you please show him to it?"
"Yes, father." I say smiling.
I begin going up the stairs and the boy- Alexander, follows.
I open the door to the plain room. There was no bedding on the mattress so instinctively I get some and make it.
"Are you thirsty? Hungry?" I ask.
He shakes his head. "Um... I apologize if I'm going over a line... but what happened? Where did you get your bruises?"
"Unimportant.." is all he says.
"Do they hurt? I can get you Ointment."
"I'm just Tired... Lady Washington."
"Please. Call me Natalie." I say
"Alright... Natalie. I'm a bit tired."
"I'll... I'll go.. is there any clothes you want washed? I have to do the Laundry."
"Yes please Lady- Natalie." He gets out clothes. Want the ones you have on washed? I can fetch some of fathers clothes for you to wear in the meantime."
"Yes please Natalie."
He's not very talkative...
I grab some casual clothes and go to the door and knock.
"come in."
I push open the door. His bare back and chest showing as I hand Him the Clothes.
Grabbing the pile of dirty laundry.

~Time Skip: Two Years Later~

I wake up with a golden glow filling my room. I went to Alexanders room seeing everything was gone. My fathers laugh along with Alexander's Filled the downstairs.
After Mother passed, He shut down. And Alexander talked more bringing him back to somewhat normal.
I go downstairs Alexander with his suitcase beside him.
"A-Alexander... What? What's Going On...? Your Bag... it's packed... your room is.. is empty..."
"Oh Natalie... I'm going to fight with your father."
"You're going to war?"
"Yes." They both stand "we must be on our way."
"Why Didn't You Tell Me!?"
"we were going to. We originally were supposed to go next month but the British came.. early."
I run up to my father and hug him. Tightly. Tighter than I've ever hugged him.
"Oh Papa.. please come home."
He hugs me back. And I turn to Alexander. The once haunted boy who wouldnt talk. The seventeen year old boy I secretly fell for. Now nineteen and leaving me to fight.
I run up to him and hug him too. He was much taller than he was two years ago. And I was still shorter.
He hugs me back.
'I love you, Alexander Hamilton'
I think.
"Please, come home."