9

Leaf's POV

Five more minutes until the bell. Nobody was paying attention to the teacher anymore. Drew had his earphones in and was drumming with his fingers to the beat, looking very concentrated. Misty was on her phone under the table and Ash seemed to be sleeping. Behind me Gary was testing bad pick-up lines at May, while she was slamming her head onto the table. Dawn was staring outside, and Paul was busy writing stuff in his notebook.

When the bell finally rang, I stretched my arms. Weekend. I tapped Drew's shoulder. He unplugged the earphones, looking confused. "The bell just rang," I explained. "Really? That took long enough," he said grabbing his stuff.

"I know you're busy today, but can you add me to your to-do list?" I heard Gary saying from behind me. "Ugh, that one is horrible," May said judging. "Yeah, I wasn't really proud of that one too. How about this one: 'My doctor says that I'm lacking vitamin U'," Gary continued. "No," May answered. "What are you guys doing?" Drew asked. "I'm testing some pick-up lines, but so far May is not impressed. Wait, I have another one. May, let's say you're dating Drew. I say 'Hey', and you have to say something like you have a boyfriend," Gary answered. "What?" she asked confused. "Just do it," Gary assured her. "Alright," May sighed. "Hey," Gary said in a charming voice. "I'm in a relationship," May answered like she was told. "Let's talk about how we can get you out of that," Gary continued. "Awful, don't use that," I answered for May. "But that was a good one!" Gary whined. "No, especially when the so-called boyfriend is standing next to the girl," May continued. "Yeah, you'd probably would have caused a fight," Drew said. "True, but then I could show my strength to the girl," Gary tried. "No, just no," I said rolling my eyes. "Leaf, May, you are coming?" Dawn asked standing in the door opening. I looked around and saw we were the last people in the classroom. "Let's go".

We were all waiting for Dawn to finish grabbing her books. "Hey, gramps is waiting for us at the house," Gary said looking at his phone. "Oh no, that can't be good," I said sighing. "Oh, May, I got another one!" Gary suddenly exclaimed. I heard May sighing. "Listen up: 'You make me wish I weren't gay'," he said with a wink. "What," we all looked confused at him. "Oh, come on! It's a joke! Isn't it, Drewy?" Gary asked putting his arm around Drew. "Too bad you were joking, because you know what material this is?" Drew asked grabbing his shirt. "Boyfriend material," he continued with a smirk. "OH, THAT'S A GOOD ONE! Man, you're way better than me at this," Gary yelled. "Hey, can you hold my phone while I'm going to the bathroom? And while you're at it, put your number in it," Gary said to Drew. "I'm sorry, I lost my number. Can I borrow yours?" he replied. "Fuck, you win," Gary said raising his hands in defeat. "So... are we just ignoring that Gary and Drew just openly flirted with each other?" May finally said. "I'm just really confused," I answered. The rest nodded in agreement.

"Took you long enough, sit down," prof Oak said as soon as we entered the room. We sat down on the still available seats and Oak started talking. "So, we're going on another trip, for the whole weekend. I won't be going with you, but professor Kukui and Cilan- eh, I mean professor Dent will. You guys are going to the beach!" he announced. If this was a movie, you'd be hearing crickets at the moment. "Professor, it's freezing outside. Literally," Calem said. We all nodded. "Yeah, it's freezing here. But not in ALOLA!" Oak yelled. We were all silent, processing the news. "Wait, we're going to Alola!?" Moon asked. "YES! Go grab your stuff! the bus to the airplane will leave in three hours. You'll arrive at midnight in Alola, if everything goes without delay," the prof said. This is amazing!

"Oh, by the way, let me explain some things. You'll be staying at the Tide Song Hotel. You'll have to share one room with your partner, and another pair. In every room there will be two one-person beds, and one two-person bed, except for one room, that one will have two bunkbeds. Why? I have no idea. The first day you can do whatever you want, BUT you'll have to be with your partner, so you can't go wonder off by yourself! If you do so, you'll be banned from the project and fail the class. The second day there will be a sort of program that you'll follow, and Monday will be your last day, where you leave around the midday. That day you'll also be free from school. Any questions?" Oak finished. Everybody shook their heads.

"We're sharing a room with Gary and May," Drew said when everybody got up to get their stuff. Of course, you'd do that without saying anything to me," I rolled my eyes. "What? I know you want to share a room with Gary," he said. "As if! You just want to be with May!" I shot back. I felt a blush appearing on my face. "Remember the bet we made?" I asked him. "Of course, and I'm gonna win," he said. "What makes you so sure?" I asked. "Your red face," he replied before walking in his room.

We sat in the bus to the airport. Gary started testing the rest of the pick-up lines of May, the poor girl. "Are you gonna be like this on the plane too?" she suddenly asked Gary. "Probably, I still got a whole list!" he said with a smirk. "Please, someone, please switch seats with me!" she yelled through the bus. "Nope, he's your problem," Ash replied. "Hmpf!" she pulled out Drew's earphones. "What?" he asked turning around. "You and Gary are friends; will you please change seats with me?" she asked him in her sweetest voice. I saw Drew's face getting a bit red. "No, I already share a room with that guy," he said turning back. May pouted and started kicking Drew chair. "I'm not stopping until you switch," she said. "You're being really annoying right now," Drew said turning around again. "I'm trying," she replied. Crap, if I wanted to win that bet, I had to make sacrifices.

"I'll switch with you," I said gulping. "Really!?" May asked lighting up. "Really?" Gary asked confused. "Really?" Drew asked with a smirk. I shot a glare at them. "Yes, but only in the plane!" I sighed deep. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" May cheered. "Wow, didn't knew that I was that bad," Gary said with smile. "You're the worst," May answered jokingly. "Well, Leafy, this is gonna be great!" Gary said leaning on the back of my chair. What have I gotten myself into?

You know, the flight wasn't even that bad. As soon as I sat next to Gary, he became very quiet all the sudden. And when I looked at the seats behind me, I saw Drew and May arguing, but you could see they both enjoyed it. I'm so going to win this! After a while, it suddenly became very quiet behind me, so I looked again and saw May sleeping on Drew's shoulder, while he looked at her with a smile on his face. I felt myself getting sleepy too and turned back to Gary, who seemed nervous for some reason. What's up with that guy? I yawned and let my head rest on his shoulder. I felt him tense up, and I smiled. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "What do you mean?" he asked back. "You've been really quiet," I explained. "Oh, eh, I'm just a bit tired," he answered. "If you say so," I shrugged. I yawned again and closed my eyes. "Goodnight, Leafy," Gary whispered. "Goodnight, Gare-bear," I whispered back.

Why was Gary so nervous and quiet suddenly ;) ? I'm going to be focusing on the Alola squad next chapter, because... well, they're in Alola. So yeah, idk, I just wanted to say that. Yay :D

Also, don't get to used to getting two updates in one week. I'm really sorry, but I had a week vacation, so yeah, I got time to write. But I'll try to update as soon as possible!

~Sapphire