VIII

Unedited

Unedited

Tez and Morocco leaned against the big oak tree in the middle of the forest. The birds flew high among them as the sky stretched out like a boat sailing on the blue sea. The weather wrapped around Tez and Morocco as she shivered from the morning cold. 

Morocco looked at Tez who head hung down as he stared at the four-leaf clover not too far from him, " So what now we can't go back to the car...?'' Tez didn't say anything and continued to stare.

"I know how it feels to lose someone Tez you of all people know that I understand, but you have to talk about it." Tez sighed heavily and he lifted up his head towards the sky.

"I knew that going into this type of business that things were going to happen either I lose my life or I make someone else lose their's, but he didn't deserve to die like that. Not that type of way."

Morocco nodded her head in understanding," Don't give up on me Romeo I need you more than ever before." She looked into his forest green eyes that were red from the previous night. 

"What would I do without you Morocco?" He smiled softly at her wrapping their fingers together. She leaned into him resting her head on his shoulders. 

"I don't think Lucas did it Morocco this isn't his style he doesn't just bust in and start shooting. He's sinister he'll go in slowly and then attack." Morocco face fluttered in confusion. Her arched eyebrows conjoined together in the center of her forehead. She lifted her body up " What do you mean it wasn't Lucas it has to be he knows we took the necklace so of course, he wants it back."

Romeo got up and dusted the dirt and debris from him reaching out his hand to pull Morocco up, "I've been in this game long enough to know that if Lucas really wanted the necklace he would've done it in a different way it makes no sense to shoot up he's not stupid he knew we would get away." 

Morocco still confused looked up at Tez, " I don't get it what are you saying, Romeo?"

Romeo rolled his lips into his mouth his deep dimples protruding," I'm saying we have a bigger enemy than just Lucas." Morocco's heart dropped.

Tez lifted her chin up and their eyes met," Morocco don't be scared I would do anything for you even give up my life we're all we got now". 

✧  ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ 

The forest was extremely quiet during this time. The sun had set and Tez and Morocco had been walking for almost an hour until they stumbled among a cabin. Tez walked towards the windows looking in before knocking on the door. For about five minutes they waited and nothing happens. Tez turned to Morocco and motioned her to back up. 

He lifted his foot and kicked the door in. Dust flew into their faces as they covered their face coughing loudly. Tez waved the dust from his face grabbing Morocco hands as they entered the abandoned cabin.

"Looks like we have to stay here tonight." Morocco stared at Romeo in fear as she saw someone in the corner.

She shook Tez before he could move further, " What is that Tez?'' He looked at where she was pointing and his eyes opened wide.

As the dead body stared back at them.