17

2 months later

Chris

"I don't want to go Ricky. I don't want to see her because as soon as I do im going to want to kiss and hold her and right now I don't need that "I said as I looked at the message from Dre.

"Just go. Listen to her and don't get back with her if you don't want to "Ricky said 

I thought about Dre as I walked into the coffee shop that she asked me to come to 2 months ago. I looked at the table she was sitting at while I sipped on a pumpkin spice latte.

She glanced around looking nervous while I stood out of her line of vision. I watched her and she looked for me.

"Don't go in" I said to myself in my head. "Don't do this. "

She sipped on her drink and tapped her foot. She was anxious and I know she was. I wanted nothing more than to go and hug her and tell her im sorry.

"Excuse me Chris. Im sorry to bother you but can I get a picture " some girl said.

"Of course "I said as I smiled for her selfie.

I looked back and Dre was gone. There was money on the table and a coffee cup with a saucer under it. A waitress was cleaning the table.

I shook my head and walked away.

"Chris. Hello????" Ryan said trying to catch my attention.

"Anyway as I was saying. We should go to this show tonight. They always show us love when we tour through their city. We should do the same "Ryan said 

"Im sorry .. who again?"I asked.

Ryan sighed. "The devil wears prada"

"Yeah. Sure whatever. " I said.

----

I stood and watched the devil wears prada do their thing. I kept glancing over to the bar because there was a girl who looked just like Dre there. She wasn't drinking she was just standing next to some guy.

The guys arm was laced around her shoulder, holding her closely. He had short hair and was taller than her. He kind of looked like cole sprouse but an older, walmart version of cole sprouse.

The girl moved a little and I saw her face, she was smiling and hugging him. She laughed and he kissed her cheek.

I felt like I was about to throw up and like there was a knife in my heart. It was Dre.

I wanted to punch whoever the guy was. I wanted to scream at Dre.

"Im going to get out of here" I attempted to yell over the music.

Ryan nodded and gave me a thumbs up.

I realized shortly the only way to leave was past the bar, which means I'll run in to dre.

Fuck it. Whatever. If she's on a date she's over me anyway and she won't care if she sees me.

I breathed deeply and began to walk to the exit.

I was looking down so I didn't have to see of Dre saw me or not, and I stupidly ran Into someone

"Im sorry man" the guy said. I looked at the guy and of course it was the one Dre was with.

I looked over and saw Dre staring at me, looking like she was about to throw up. She looked extremely anxious.

"Y-yeah me too. Sorry. "I said moving out of cole sprouse look alikes way. 

I got to the exit and left the venue, finally.

-----

I began to cry as I sat on my bed.

How could she already be with someone else? It's only been three months.  I haven't even looked at another girl since Dre.

I mean is this my fault? Of course it is. I left her. I mean do I really expect her to pine after me after I destroyed her heart?

I sighed and looked at my phone. I decided to text her.

"Had I had known you would be there, I wouldn't have gone. Im sorry if I made you freak out. It was never my intention. I hope you have a good night. " 

I looked at my phone about thirty minutes and it said "read at 9:47" 

I sighed and locked my phone. I decided I should try to get some sleep, even though I know it's going to be another night of me being upset over Dre.