John Hancock ~1~

As I wearily walked through the town of Goodneighbor, I walked with caution. I knew who resided here, thieves and criminals. I was searching for a mercenary going by the name MacCready, to help me find my son. I stopped when someone yelled in my direction.

      "Hold up, first time in Goodneighbor? Ya' can't go walking around without insurance. " He said smirking my way, holding out his hand, probably expecting caps to come flowing out of my pockets at the slightest threat.

     "Unless it's 'Keep dumb assholes away from me insurance,' I'm not interested." I cockily replied.

   "Now don't be like that, i think you're gonna like what i have to offer." He said before continuing .

   "You hand over everything you have in those pockets, or 'accidents' start happening to ya'. Big bloody accidents." He finished.

    Before i could even pull out my hunting rifle, i heard something from the distance.

    "Whoa, whoa time out.  Someone steps through that gate the first time, they're guests. Lay off that extorion crap." Someone in a hat called out, i couldn't quite get a good look at him.

    " Wha' do you care? They ain't one of us." The criminal snapped back, walking closer to the man.

    "No love for your mayor Finn? I said let 'em go." The guy replied, i could finally make out some features, or lack there of. Burnt, but kinda... handsome.. In a rugged ghoul way.

    "You're soft Hancock, you keep lettin' these outsiders walk all over us, one day there'll be a new mayor.." 'Finn' threatened.

    "Come'on man, this is me we're talking about. Let me tell you something." Hancock walked up to him.

   He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a switchblade. He pulled the blade back and grabbed Finn, stabbing him over and over. I gaped over at the scene that had just transpired in front of my eyes. 

    "Why'd you have to go and say that, huh? You're breaking my heart over here." Hancock said, feighning sadness.

   "You alright?" Hancock asked. 

    I broke out of my trance and replied back.

  "Yeah, thanks for handling that for me. " I said while reaching my hand out to shake his.

    He looked down at my hand and chuckled. 

     " A vaultie, wanting to shake a ghouls wrinkly ol' hand? Well you smoothies have one new trick up your sleeve everyday, huh?" He reached out and grabbed me with his wrinkled and calloused hands.

     "(Y/N)," I say as i shake his hand.

     "Hancock, mayor of this beautiful town." He stretched his wrinkled lips into a grin. He let go of me and put his hand back down.

   "Well, since you're the mayor of this humble abode, might you by chance know where 'Maccready' is?" I asked looking into his black eyes.

   "Why of course, follow me my vault friend." He cackled and began walking

    "I think this is the start of something good, my friend." He pulled out a cannister of jet and inhaled. 

    "Something Good, indeed" He said one last time as i followed.