Part 1

I scream and shout as walkers chase me down the road. I've been running for the past hour trying my hardest to kill every one of them. I ran out of ammo about half an hour ago and I'm still running. My eyes are balling with hot tears knowing I might be eaten alive if I stop running. My heart is pounding rapidly, my breathing becoming slower as my feet feel like jello.

Everything is slowly coming to me. Every little memory of my life is haunting me with the loud snarling. I don't know if I can keep going knowing I'm the only person alive..

I continue to run as fast as I can and see a small building going my way. I make my way towards it and rush in opening the doors. I manage to get in and quickly look for something so I can cover the entrance. I grab a rope from my backpack and quickly tie the rope to the entrance. I successfully keep the doors closed and walkers begin to gather. I drop to my knees as I continue to hear their loud snarling.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted, anger taking over me.

"I can't do this anymore," I cried, sobbing my eyes out.

I sit back, laying my head on the wall as the snarling continues. There's at least fifteen of them trying to break in and eat me alive. I have to find a way to get out and lure them somewhere else.

I grab my backpack, gathering my things as quickly as I can. Hearing all the snarling only makes my heart pound faster. I rush in putting the little ammo I have left in my backpack, running through the back door as the walkers break into the room. I close the back door, holding it back as I hear the snarling getting louder. I rush to the car parked outside and try my hardest to turn it on but it won't. I look around, the walkers getting near to where I am. I desperately continue in trying to turn the car on but it won't. I begin to scream as the walkers surround the car. I feel the hot tears down my face as I hit the steering wheel with anger. This is the end for me, I'm going to die..

"Oh god!" I screamed.

As I sit here, waiting for them to break the glass and eat me alive, I hear gunshots, blood all over the windows, walkers falling back as the bullets hit their heads. I quickly put my head down as I continue to hear rapid gunshots. The snarling stops completely and so do the gunshots. I slowly come back up, afraid of getting off the car. I look around to see who just saved my life but the windows are covered in blood. I open the car door with a gun in my hand and see a man pointing a gun right at me. This is the first person I've come across with since the world changed. It's been exactly six months without anyone, without my husband, without my family, nothing. I grab my backpack and put it on as he continues to look at me, putting his gun down. I sigh in relief and try catching my breath.

"Thank you," I whispered. I look at him and notice the huge gap between us. He's far from where I stand, but yet he managed to hit every one of the walkers right in the head.

"I'm Spencer" he said, getting closer to where I stand. I keep calm and just stare up at him. He's extremely tall. He's around 6'2-6'3 and I'm only 5'2

"Haylie" I whispered, taking a step back. I don't know this man nor what his attentions are.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm not that kind of man," he said, staring right into me.

I stay in silence, closing my eyes as I feel my throat dry. My head is pounding from all that running and the loud snarling.

"Are you alone?" He asked, looking around.

"Um, yeah," I said, looking up at him with a blurry vision.

I turn around and vomit as I remember all the blood from the walkers. I feel his hand on my back as he holds me up from falling.