Day three

I had three more days left.

I was barely halfway through.

Yes, these were the immensely happy thoughts I woke to.

"Mornin' Sunshine," said Will as he poured even more of that horrid medicine. I tried to simply ignore the fact that he called me Sunshine, but for some reason it made butterflies flit around in my stomach.

Why? I couldn't tell you.

"Morning Will," I grumbled as he shoved the cup into my hand. "Just down it in one go Sunshine. It's not that bad."

'Not that bad.'

I rolled my eyes and sniffed the rim of the cup. Then after five more minutes of me making a big show of gagging on the medicine and Will giggling as he watched, we were both sitting on the bed. "So guess what happened during my archery lessons today Sunshine?" Then Solace leaned forward and started talking about some new camper, though I wasn't listening.

I was focusing with wide eyes on his hands. The hands that were on my knees as he spoke. I usually hated physical contact but this was....different. It was kind of nice.

And that scared me.

"Nico? Earth to Di'Angelo!" Will said as he snapped in front of my face. Dam, he removed his hands, I thought before catching myself. He is Will Solace! One of the most popular boys in this camp! There's no way he likes you back!

Wait....did I just say that I liked him?

-------------------

I stayed put and pretended to listen to his rant about the new camper, Alycia Carter ("She doesn't even know the difference between a bow and an arrow!").

I was deep in my thoughts, and so I just mumbled quiet one word remarks and kept nodding my head absentmindedly.

I couldn't stop mulling over the fact that I had said (thought) that I had liked him. I had never really liked anyone before....well besides....besides Percy, but that ship had sailed a long time ago.

What did I like about him?

His full blond hair? Sly blue eyes? Glowing smile? Kindness? Fairness?

Stop. He's probably straight, Nico.

But he might be Bisexual like me...

He's not.

He might be.

He's not.

But he might be though.

I wanted to scream.