Closer

Let's just get this over with...

-

You smiled as you stepped out of your bathroom, his classic double take a good sign, and you walked up to him.

You'd almost forced him to sleep-over, his usual visits were all too quick and always left you feeling alone and missing him. Your solution was to have him stay the night, just a harm-less sleep over to keep you company.

You wore your usual sleeping attire, nothing too over the top, just a simple oversized shirt that was big enough to count as a short dress.

His smile grew as you reached him, his hands already working they're way up as he pulled you closer. He sat on your bed, staring up at you as his hands explored, his smug face hinting at what he was thinking.

His smiled dropped as you took a step back, shutting him and his thoughts down, and you shook your head.

"I said a sleep-over. That usually involves sleeping, no funny business."

He smirked as he caught on, he had to admit he liked it when you fought his advances off. When you made him work for his reward.

"Usually huh? That doesn't mean all the time.."

You rolled your eyes and couldn't help but smile with him. He was always thinking ahead. You crawled into the bed next to him and he turned with you, eyeing your newest outfit. 

His hand was stopped as you knelt next to him, blocked from diving in and exploring.

"Well, tonight it does."

He stopped, finally catching up, and frowned, earning a laugh from you.

"But- the way you look. I can't sleep now.."

You scooted behind him, leaning over his back as you peeked into his view.

"Well of course not, look what your wearing. That can't be comfortable.."

He looked down at his clothing, you were right. 

"Well I don't have anything to sleep in. You kind of sprung this on me."

You thought about it. You did only ask him an hour ago, he agreed without much of a fight but you still asked him last minute.

"It doesn't take you long to go and get something. I'll wait."

His smile slowly dropped as he stared at the floor.

"No, I don't have anything. Sleep isn't something I can find very often so what's the point?"

The way his voice changed made you slowly sit back, concern etched into your face, and you crawled up next to him. Your voice was quiet, afraid of scaring one of the few emotional moments away from him.

"What do you mean?"

He sighed, like he didn't want to be talking about it, but ventured further.

"I don't sleep much-I can't.. m-my mind has this scary way of becoming dark.. and demented. It twists them.. making me see things.. do things. I don't like to watch them.."

Your throat tightened as you listened to him, his words cutting deep. You'd never heard his voice sound like this, unsteady and weighed down with.. fear?

It hurt you to speak, your mind wanting nothing more than to drop the subject for him, but you had to ask.

"..so.. you're afraid of your own dreams..?"