1

Sarah took a deep breath trying to calm down. There was no real reason for being nervous. She had already done this a million times. For years. This time, however, felt diferent.

- You look nervous

Gabriel. Smiling, she turned around to look at him standing beside her. More handsome than ever. He was wearing a simple jeans and a black t-shirt. Simple. Nothing different . She'd seen him wearing those clothes a million times throughout the years; but now.... Now she allowed herself to feel what she repressed for years. Ah, those butterflies in her stomach.

- I guess I am a little nervous – she said with nervous hands.

Gabriel smiled.

- You know you don't have to do it, right? If you want, I can go alone – he offered.

Sarah didn't know how she had spent years imune to him. Actually, deep down, she knew she was not imune. She just hadn't allowed her feelings come to the surface. Gabriel was always her friend. Her best friend. Having any kind of attraction to him was always something forbidden. For a long time she only saw the dear friend. Being married with a great man like Santuu, she never allowed herself to feel anything for Gabriel. He'd tried to do the same.

- I know – she answered him – But I guess it's time. If we delay this, people will only get more curious than they already are.

Gabriel smiled and took her hands. He felt her cold and sweaty hands. Sarah was never nervous! He'd never see her so nervous. Not even when everything happened.

- Your hands are cold! There is no need to be this nervous. You know that, don't you? – he asked softly, his fingers caressing her palms.

Sarah smiled again. He was so caring it was hard to resist. Uncertain, she looked into his eyes and asked:

- Do you really think this is the right thing to do? Don't you think that it may be interpreted as something bad? As if we were rubbing it on everybody's face? Specially Jacinda and Santuu? – her voice was low and nervous. It was apparent how nervous she was, how uncertain she was. – I just dont want to people think that we did something awful... I dont want something so beautiful to be tainted – she said trembling.

Gabriel couldn't resist to pull her to his arms and hug her while kissing her red hair.

- We already did the most dificult thing. You know that. And we survived. The only people that matter are fine and ok with it. We did nothing wrong and we already talked about it. Why do you care what other people think? - he asked softly while still hugging her. She was trembling and he thought it was so difficult to see an amazing woman like her just crumble like that. She was always a rock and for the past 2 years she was always the strongest of them both. She led him through the difficult times and made him feel sure about everything they did. She was his rock. It was time for him to be her rock too.

Putting both his hands on her shoulders, he gave one step back and looked into her eyes:

- You know I've got you back. We will do whatever you want. You know it's your choice, sweetheart, and I am 100% behind you, but I also know you and I know you'll only be able to be really happy when you have everything sorted out. If you think it's too soon; if you think we should wait more, I trust you. We can turn around and go home to our lives the way we've been doing for the last 2 years. The decision is yours and I only want you to be happy about everything. – he said veemently and with passion. All he wanted was for her to be happy and in peace with her choices. With him. With them.