Chapter 10

Layla POV
It's been a couple of days since Grayson's disappearance and I can't help but be sad all the time. Even though the last few months have been hard on us, he was the only one that kept the smile on my face.

I just miss him so much.

" Hey Layla, how are you feeling?" Beckett asks walking into my room. I sat on my bed in a messy pile of blankets and pillows. My hair was thrown up into a messy bun and I hadn't really got ready for the day. I have just been watching Shane Dawson conspiracy videos on YouTube.

" I'm fine" I say. I turn off my phone and place it beside me. Beckett sits on the end of my bed and gives me a look.

" Do you want to come shopping with me? You haven't gotten out of the house in a few days and you look really pale" He asks me with his cheery smile. I scrunch my eyebrows at him.

" You're calling me pale?"

" I-I didn't mean it like that! I'm so sorry. You don't look pale, you look like...Snow White! She's pretty right?" He pauses and cringes. I glare at him to shut him up. He gulps. "Don't tell Ina"

" Don't tell Ina what?" Ina says walking into my room while she looks at her phone. She chews on her gum and looks back up from her phone, waiting for one of us to answer.

She was wearing a white tank top and ripped light washed jeans. She had a unbuttoned red flannel on over top. Her hair was naturally wavy and she looked good today.

I glance over at Beckett and watch as his eyes travel down my best friends body. He stands up from my bed and walks over to his girlfriend. He places his hands on her waist and kisses her lips. I see them both smile through their kiss and I look away.

As much as I find them cute... I can't help but think of Grayson and I and how we could be like that. If only I knew where he went.

" I propose a plan!" Ina states and I look back at them. She sits down on my bed and Beckett stands behind her with his hands on her shoulders.

" You've been so moody lately and I know I would be feeling exactly how you are if Beckett ever left me like that so I have a plan. Let's find him" Ina suggests with a twinkle in her eyes. I stare at her like she's crazy and look up at Beckett.

He takes his hands away and walks in front of her.

" Are you crazy Ina?" He says staring her straight in her eyes. Beckett looks back at me then back at Ina.

They start mumbling thins to each other and finally Ina glares at Beckett shutting him up.

" What I was saying was that we should go look for him. What if he's in danger? What if he was forced to write that note? What if he's already been kidnaped by the reptiles?" Ina says and I can't help but start to believe her. What if all that's happening and I'm just sitting here on my lazy a*s doing nothing? What if he needs my help?

" Have you lost your mind? Ina I love you so much and I will support you no matter what but this is just crazy. You want to follow a guy that's getting chased by some gang that just got released from prison?!?!" Beckett asks running his fingers through his hair.

" Beckett, you either support this idea or you can get out" Ina says pointing to the door. Beckett sighs heavily and flops down onto my bed.

Ina smiles at me and claps her hands together.

" So, you in?" She asks me and I nod my head. I need to make sure he's okay.

" Beckett, You in?" Ina asks turning our attention to Beckett who was laying on my bed with a worried look on his face.