Nicole

Same day as the last chapter

I had put Fae down for a nap and Ryan was already home from school watching Woody Woodpecker on Netflix.

My mom said she had some things to tell me later on and she didn't want anyone else to know what was going on. I asked her if Julian was able to know but she had said no.

Around 8, I had gotten a call from my mom.

"Hey mama." I said while looking down at a magazine.

"Hey honey." I heard her say, but she sounded different. Almost like she had been crying for a few days.

"What's going on?" I sat down on the barstool and started rubbing my stomach.

"Y-your father has b-been doing drugs." She said. I started laughing. That couldn't have been true. My father hated people that did drugs and he always said he would never become a druggie.

"Nikki, I'm being serious. I-I caught him sn-snorting something last night." She continued.

"Wh-what are you gonna do?" At that point, I was worried.

"I t-took him to a re-rehab center today. He-he has been doing this since November." It's now June which means it's been 8 months since he started.

"He was still high on that drug and cops had pulled us over and they noticed your father was on something. What I'm trying to say is, your father is in jail for doing drugs and he also had some on him when they patted him down, so now he's also charged with possession of drugs." She stated. I gasped.

"Oh my God! Why.. what... Mom." I didn't know what to say. I was too shocked and worried, but at that same time I was pissed and disappointed.

"They said they will call me with the trial date. Don't tell your brother yet Nicole." She stated.

"I won't mom, but I have to go, Julian is about to walk in." I said.

"Okay honey, I love you." She stated.

"I love you too." I hung up and noticed I was crying. I slammed my phone down and groaned. I leaned on the counter and just started thinking about what could've drove him to do this.

I saw Julian walk in and I kissed him passionately. We let go of the kiss and he looked at me.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded and he pecked my lips. We walked upstairs and walked into our room. He walked into the bathroom and I heard him start the shower. I got in bed and started falling asleep. Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.