Third Time's A Charm

-Third Time’s A Charm – Pt 1

The first time Felicity Smoak heard about Oliver Queen, her roommate was fangirling over Starling City’s very own playboy billionaire in their MIT dorm. She read the Starz City online, the go to tabloid when you wanted to keep up with the town’s celebrity, the one percent-er of this world and various starlets, actors and heirs who ended up being front page news. The man, she had to admit, was damn fine. He was photographed after an altercation with a paparazzi, his lower lip split and a trickle of blood running down his chin. His hair fell in front of his bloodshot eyes, barely hiding the man’s drunken state. There was a brunette and a red head, both wearing dresses that seemed too slutty for any public event, and much more suited for stripping in a high end gentlemen club, she remembered thinking.

Felicity could see the appeal of Mr Queen, duh, she wasn’t blind, and the man could probably charm the pants off of every lady in town. Hell, any person really, if the comments section was anything to go by. Men and women alike seemed to fawn over this particular heir, no matter how bad his behavior got. Everybody loves a bad boy and this one got more attention than any other, having been expelled from four different colleges for alcohol consumption, drunken pranks, nudity, sexual compulsions recalled the article her roommate Alicia was reading aloud.

‘Sexual compulsions? What the hell does that even mean asked the geek to her gymnast friend.’

‘I heard he got busted in the library while having a threesome-’

‘Geez, some people have no self respect.’

‘Oh, come on, Felicity, live a little, the man is gorgeous, he’s sex on legs, of course he’s gonna have beautiful dirty sex with different women, fuck what I wouldn’t do to have him in my bed, I’m telling you Fel, even you wouldn’t be able to resist that.’

‘Beautiful, dirty sex, really?!’

‘Fuck yes little miss virgin, the kind that leaves you sweaty, tired and fully satisfied.’

Felicity tsk-ed at her and went back to studying, paying Oliver Queen no more attention as the other girl lusted over the now half naked man on her screen.

The second time the man registered on her radar, she was having coffee with her tablet for companion, just days after her graduation from MIT. She sat with her back to the windows, oblivious to the commotion outside as she reviewed the five firms offering her a first job, though a bit miffed they were only five of them, as her tutor told her tales of countless companies vying for his attention back in the day when he graduated top of his classes throughout her days on scholarship. Oh well, must be the state of the economy she thought with a sigh, clicking her way through Queen Consolidated website.

Fondly, she remembered the days she spent with her gossiping roommate, the only reason she even kept up with Starling City elite. Last she heard, Oliver Queen died in a shipwreck in the beginning of her MIT days, leaving Alicia and billions of women throughout the country heartbroken at the loss of the magnificent body and overall slutty bad boy the Queen heir proved to be during his 22 years on Earth. Really, women mourned for months, the Queen family had to hire security to manage the weeping females on his funeral, which astounded Felicity, as these women were mostly grown ups with jobs, families and responsibility. Yet, even five years later, the mourners still missed the former golden boy and organized a ‘Remember Oliver Queen’ day, if you can believe such a ridiculous thing.

They had a community of sorts and every year on the day of his passing people would post pictures, poems or RPF about the poor guy. Alicia was, of course, a prominent member of this cult as Felicity jokingly called it every time her former MIT acolyte brought up the deceased playboy. Thankfully, since her friend had a newborn baby, she spent more time talking about diapers, mommy blues and baby steps than dead heirs. Though she did name her daughter Olivia, much to her husband’s amusement and his mother delight. Poor grandma had no idea her daughter-in-law intended it as a tribute to a pretty face, hard body and former infatuation of her youth rather than honoring her husband’s mother. And she never would, that was her husbands only stipulation prior to agreeing to name his baby after a celebrity. And coincidentally, his mother.