Memories of Us

I slowly stepped out of the car and turned my head to see our new home. My eyes automatically twinkled the moment I laid on it. It was just so beautiful.

I turned to my mom and dad, and caught them watching me from a distance with a smile.

"Mom, dad! Pasok na po tayo sa loob." I said as I excitedly grab their hands and pulled them inside our new home.

"Hey, sweetie, be careful." Dad said. My hands were now on my side once we finally entered our new home and my mouth fell open when I saw how beautiful it is. "Wow," I whispered.

"Yes, it is. Just like you." My mom said. I quickly turned to them and smiled sweetly. "As beautiful as you, mom. Like mother like daughter, you know." I said and my parents chuckled.

"Okay! Let's fix these boxes and start unpacking, shall we?" My dad said.

"Okay, dad! Mom and I will unpack these boxes here in the living room. Will display all of them na din po." I said as I hurriedly went to the boxes where it was placed.

~~

"She likes it, doesn't she?" my husband asked.

I smiled at him, "Very."

"Well, I have to go out now. I need to fix our things outside, okay?" he said and kissed my forehead.

"Okay. Ingat ka sa mga bubuhatin mo. I love you," I said and kissed his lips.

"Yes, my love. I love you too," he smiled and he walked out.

I glance at my daughter who's excitedly unpacking the boxes and displays on our living room. I decided to cook our merienda first so we have energy to place our things in our new home.

"Sweetheart, what do you want for merienda?"

"I'd like pizza but no pineapples, please." she said while arranging the things in the boxes. I smiled because of her answer, "Hay, manang-mana ka talaga sa kanya," I said in my mind and walked into the kitchen.

~~

While mom was preparing our merienda and dad was arranging some things outside, I was busy our things here in our living room.

As I put our family picture on one of the tables beside the sofa, something caught my attention.

My Fangirl Journey

I slowly approached the box and on the top of it was the picture of a couple, smiling lovingly at each other.

"Who are they?" I said in my mind as I took the picture of a couple. Their eyes were shining as you can see how much they are in love with each other. I sat on the carpet while holding the picture.

"They look familiar." I uttered and slowly put the picture beside me. I turned at the box in front of me and opened it. I see photo albums, lots of magazines, merchandise, banners and event passes.

I opened one of the photo albums and written in the first page was, "Richard and Nicomaine" I wonder who they are?

I turned the pages and saw pictures of people with mom and dad, including that of Richard and Nicomaine.

I saw my mom and dad with their friends. I saw unfamiliar faces but I also saw my ninangs, ninongs, titas and titos.

"Omg! It's ninang Marta! Gosh, it's ninang Ky, tita Kish, tita Hannah, tita Pauline, tita Dee, tita Maan, ninang Yana, ninang Marg and— halaaa ang dami nila!" I said and giggled when I saw pictures of mom and dad with their friends. Well, I also saw my ninang Robie, ninang Reena, ninang Justine, tita Jing, tita Angelica, tita Lei, tita Reese, tita Elaine, tita Riza, tita Coleen, ninong Mark, ninong Tonyo, ninong Leysam, tito Tristan, tito Dean, tito Patrick and others. But my eyes flew to the two people, well, scratch that, I mean to the couple at the center with my Godparents, titas and titos. They really look so familiar.