Part 10

Past,

The more Naina tried to express her feelings for Raj the more he tried to shut down her feelings for him. That did not go unnoticed by Naina. She could not understand the reason why he was pretending he was unaware of her love for him. That went on for few months. Naina kept herself busy with her studies and Raj was as usual busy with his work. 

"Bhaiyya!", Naina barged into their room, she did not care if she disturbed them. Raj and Naveen were discussing something important about their secret mission. Naveen got irritated and angered by that action of her. 

"Grow up, Naina! Can't you see we are busy?", Naveen yelled at her. Naina shivered a bit at his sudden raise of voice. Raj saw a look of hurt flashing across her face. Averting her eyes downward, "Sorry", she said in a quite tone and left the room. 

"Naveen, ye kya kiya tumne? kisi aur par gussa Naina par kyun nikaal rahe ho?", asked Raj irritated by Naveen's behavior. Naveen glanced at Raj and realized that he had hurt Naina by his words, he buried his face in his hands, ashamed of himself for his earlier behavior. 

"patha nahi yaar, main aisa kyun behave kar raha hun", said Naveen.

"Naveen mujhe patha hai tum iss mission ko leke bahut tense feel ho rahe ho, par iska matlab ye nahi ki tum Naina ko aisa hurt kar sakte ho, patha nahi kya bolne aayi thi, bahut kush thi vo, par tum bina soche samjhe uss par chillaya", Raj said annoyed by Naveen's behavior.

"main jaake baat karta hun", said Naveen getting up from his chair and went to Naina's room.

Naina in her room was crying, laying down on her bed, hiding her face in a pillow. She stopped crying when she felt someone in her room. And she knew who it was. Naveen sat beside her on the bed and placing a hand on her head, he said, "sorry, bachcha!". Naina did not move.

"mujhe tum par iss tarah nahi chillana chahiye tha, maaf kar do..please", said Naveen. Naina sat upright on her bed and looked at his pleading face. All her anger gone seeing his face. Naina thought of faking anger for some more time.

"mujhe tumse baat nahi karni hai Bhaiyya.. please jao yahaan se", said Naina.

"aisa mat kaho Naina.. waise ye bataao tum mujhe kya bolne aayi thi?", asked Naveen. Naina remained silent and turned her face away. 

"Naina, please.. batao na", asked Naveen. But Naina seemed determined and did not say anything.

"main bataunga..", said Raj entering her room.

"tumhe kaise patha chala?", said Naina wondering as she kept it as a secret to surprise them.

"Pooja..", said Raj smiling and showing his phone indicating he called Pooja. Naina got angry at Pooja and said, "I told her not to reveal .. ab main use chodungi nahi", Naina mumbled.

"baat kya hai mujhe koyi baatayega?", asked Naveen.

"guess karo?", asked Naina, her eyebrows danced as Naveen sat there thinking.

"tumhara koyi boyfriend hai.. aur tum usse shadi karna chahte ho?", asked Naveen.

"What?", Raj and Naina shrieked at a time. 

"bhaiyya! kya hua aaj tumhe?", asked Naina looking at him.

"tumhara dimaag kharab ho gaya hai kya?", Raj too encountered him.

"arey maine kya bola?", asked Naveen trying to be normal.

"Naina tumhara bhai kuch aur na soche, usse pehle ise batado baat kya hai", said Raj. 

"mujhe job mili hai, at Reader's Digest", informed Naina. Naveen felt so happy hearing that and hugged her fondly.

"congratulations, my dear sister", said Naveen proudly.