Part 14

Naina got her conscious back and she opened her eyes. Charu was sitting beside her.

"Naina, tum theek ho?", asked Charu with so much concern. 

Naina nodded her head, "theek hun, Charu", replied Naina.

"kya hai ye Naina, tumhe suddenly ho kya jaata hai? daraa diyaa tumne hum sab ko", said Charu.

"I am sorry, Charu.. sab ko pareshan karne ke liye", said Naina.

"humari pareshan ki baat nahi hai, tumhare barein mein bhi sochu, please take care of your health", said Charu. Naina smiled and nodded her head in affirmation.

"today is such a bad day, Naina.. ek taraf tumhari tabiyat theek nahi hai aur dusri taraf Sujal, he is also not alright", said Charu. Naina looked at her in surprise.

"Sujal ko kya hua?", Naina asked her instantly.

"I mean.. Sujal ki tabiyat bhi theek nahi hai", replied Charu.

"kya hua use?", asked Naina again. 

"kuch nahi hua hai, Naina.. theek hai vo.. bus thoda sa takh gaya hai", replied Charu. Naina kept looking at her. 'What is that these people are hiding from her', Naina thought.

******************

Past,

It was Diwali, Raj was again and again looking at Naina's room and Naveen observed it. 

'abhi tak aayi kyun nahi', Raj thought.

Naveen cleared his throat as he approached Raj. Raj shifted his eyes towards Naveen. "aajayegi Raj", said Naveen.

"vo main bus aisehi dekh raha tha..", said Raj hurriedly. Naveen smiled inwardly.

Naina came out hurriedly adjusting her earrings, she knew he would be waiting for her, she looked downwards once and there he was standing talking to her brother

Naina came out hurriedly adjusting her earrings, she knew he would be waiting for her, she looked downwards once and there he was standing talking to her brother. She kept staring at him as he looked extraordinarily handsome in an off white kurta. As soon as his eyes met her, they kept staring at each other. She gave him a wink, Raj stopped staring at her and looked away blushing. Naina laughed and went down to join them.

"Naina, tu tayyar hai, chalo diya jalayenge", said Raj's mother. Naina accompanied Raj's mother in lightening diyas. Raj kept looking at her admiring her beauty. She was looking more beautiful amidst those lights. 

"Naina, store room mein aur kuch diya hai, tu jaake le aao", said Raj's mother. Naina went towards the store room. Raj saw her going there, he glanced at Naveen who was busy in talking to Alekh and Pooja, not missing the opportunity he went behind her. 

Naina was searching for diyas when the door of the store room opened. She need not turn to find out who it was. She smiled. Raj immediately rushed towards her and hugged her from behind. He gave her a kiss on her cheek, "looking so beautiful", he whispered. Naina blushed hard. He made her turn towards him and kissed her forehead. He caught her face in his hands and touched his lips to hers, she closed her eyes and stopped breathing, stopped thinking, stopped existing as a rational person as the sensation thrilled through her. He was kissing her. She didn't care, she didn't care and she just kissed him back. She threw her arms around his neck and clung, just in case he changed his mind. She wouldn't let go so easily. She kissed him with every bit of longing she'd built up after many years of loving him, wanting him, dreaming him. All of those years of wishing, hoping, she put all that into her kiss, too. Her enthusiasm, her passion, her confusion with the lack of experience in kissing made him laugh through the kiss. She didn't actually know what she was doing. "Are you laughing at me?", she said as she broke the kiss. He bent down to capture her lips again, he nipped and tugged at her bottom lip. She felt a thrill of feminine triumph as she tightened her arms around his neck and kissed him in response. He ran the hands down the silken skin of her shoulders while he kissed her, he couldn't seem to stop kissing her as if he were drowning and she were the very oxygen he needed to survive. He took a breath and dared to let his hands drop to the curve of her hips, and he couldn't help the way his own hips bucked against her when he had his both hands wrapped around her and pulling her closer. She leaned back her head, her throat beautiful, her hair rippling, swinging, and he kissed her cheek, her throat. Tracing his lips over her again, he slipped his mouth downward, kissing, nibbling along the throat to her ... Her breath started quickening as his mouth traveled downward. She felt his one hand grazed her side and came up to caress her curve and his other hand pushing down the sleeve off her shoulder, dropping kisses down her neck. As she squirmed in his hands, he pulled her more closer to him. She tried to push him a little but he did not stop. Suddenly she pushed him away with all her force and turned away from him adjusting her dress and dupatta. At that sudden action of her, he was startled and stared at her in shock. She was breathing heavily. 'Did he cross the line he should not?', he was ashamed of himself. He felt he forced her into doing something she did not want to do. 

"Naina, I..", he tried to speak, when Pooja walked in unaware of them present in the room.

"oops, I am so sorry.. guys", Pooja said hurriedly and turned to leave. 

"Pooja.. tum ruko..", Raj said instantly. Pooja turned back towards them. 

"main jaa raha hun..", said Raj and he walked out the door not looking back, at Naina.

"kya kar rahe the tum dono yahaan.. huh?", Pooja teased her walking towards her. But Naina looked serious. "kya hua Naina?", Pooja asked her placing a hand on her shoulder.