Chapter 8: Police Sirens

Police Station

"Uh-huh? So you're saying Mr. Ono is dead?" police officer, Nobu asked. The person he was facing nodded their head. "Where was the body found?" Nobu asked suspiciously. The man grabbed a piece of paper from his pocket and gave it to him. Nobu looked at it then back at the man, but he was already gone.

"That artist, why would he want to become a night watcher?"

At Hiroka's Home

Lightning flashed outside as rain poured down even harder. Hiroka stood in fear as she faced Ryota. This was actually the first time Hiroka realized that Ryota wasn't wearing a shirt. He was just in some jeans.

"T-this isn't a funny joke," Hiroka stammered.
"Hmmm~ joke?"
"Let my parents go."
"Aww, there's no point in doing that," Ryota smiled cheerfully.
"Why?"
"I injected them with poison, it will slowly kill them,"
"You're going to kill my parents?!"
"Yes, they took your phone and banned me from this house," Ryota went into his pocket. He pulled out both his and her diaries.

Hiroka turned around and started to run for the door. Ryota put the phones back and ran after her. He grabbed her wrist and turned her around. Then he grabbed her other wrist. "I'm sorry," she muttered before kicking him where the sun doesn't shine. Ryota groaned and backed away. Hiroka ran past him and up the stairs.

Hiroka ran to her room. She turned the doorknob, but it didn't open. She started to kick it and pushed on the door even harder. It still wouldn't budge. She quickly looked around and saw one door that was open. Hiroka ran to it. She ran inside and shut the door.

Turning on the light was such a bad idea, but she still did it. There were pieces of broken glass on the ground. There was also blood on the ground. Also a whole fingernail was there. Hiroka covered her mouth and swallowed. She walked around it and to the window near the toilet. Hiroka stepped on top of the toilet and started to unlock the window. She pushed it up, but suddenly the door slammed open. This actually scared Hiroka and she fell backwards off of the toilet.

Ryota stood over her with rope in his hand. He grabbed onto her wrist and pulled her up. Ryota firmly tied the rope around her hands. He pulled her out of the bathroom. Once they got to the stairs, Ryota pushed her down them. Hiroka rolled down the stairs. She groaned and opened her eyes to look at him.

"I'm sorry for the roughness Hiroka, but you're the one who started it," Ryota told her while walking down the stairs. He stopped once he was at the bottom. "Don't take it personally, you know I still love you very much," he said with a smirk. Ryota bent down and placed his hand on her cheek. Hiroka shut her eyes.

Sirens blasted outside the house.

Ryota stood up and walked to the window. Hiroka opened her eyes and tried her best to looked out the window also. Ryota moved the curtain just a bit so he could see. Outside were three police cars. Police officers stepped out of the cars. Ryota closed the curtain.

Outside

Nobu stepped out of the car and stared at the house. He glared at it then turned to the other police officers.

"This is the supposed place," Nobu told them.
"What would you like us to do?" One of them asked.
"Throw a lit match inside the house, we'll just burn it down," Nobu told them.
"What? That's absurd!" They yelled.
"Huh! Are you opposing an order from your chief!" Nobu raised an eyebrow at them.
"No," they quickly said. "What about the rain?" They then asked.
"To hell with the rain!"

One police officer dug out a match and a lighter. He walked up to he door. Then he lit up the match, opened the door and threw it inside. He closed the door and walked back to the other officers. They all got into their police cars and waited.

Nobu stared at the house with a sigh. "Besides, this is what my son wants." He thought.

Inside

Ryota stepped back. The fire started to spread. Ryota ran towards Hiroka. He picked her up and tucked her under his arm. "What about my parents?" Hiroka asked.
"As long as I can get my Hiroka to safety then I'm fine," Ryota ran up the stairs. He kicked down the door. It was Hiroka's room. He ran to the window and jumped out of it.

Ryota ran across the street not really caring about anything. Ryota got to his home. He opened the door and walked inside. After closing the door he set Hiroka down.

"Looks like you will be staying with me," Ryota told her with a smile. Hiroka didn't say anything. "Hmm, what's wrong sweetheart?" He asked her.
"You left my parents to die," she told him.
"They took away your phone, without it you would be useless," Ryota told her.
"They didn't know about this survival game!" Hiroka glared at him.
"It's strange how this happened again," Ryota laughed before walking to his kitchen. Hiroka watched him. He came back with a knife. With the knife, he sliced off the rope on her wrist.

"I'm going to Azumi's," Hiroka stood up.
"Nope," Ryota grabbed her and dragged her away.

The Next Day

Hiroka yawned as she sat up in her new bed. She walked out of the guest room. Ryota was in the kitchen watching something.

"Are we going to school?" Hiroka asked him.
"No, maybe not for awhile either," Ryota told her. She blinked in confusion and looked at the television.

"The famous artist, Toyo Ono, was found dead inside a dumpster behind the museum. Toyo was last seen at his night watching job. Police say the killers are still on the loose. Don't become a night watcher kids."

"How did the police know?" Hiroka asked.
"We're not going out for awhile, if we do, we need to wear something to hide our faces," Ryota told her.
"I don't trust you anymore," Hiroka walked away from him.
"Awww~ I promise you will very soon sweetie~!"