Chapter 34: Hiroka and Azumi

With Ryota

Ryota blinked in surprise as he looked up from the dead corpse. "This isn't Shig," he said.

Shig walked out from between two buildings. "That was a scary experience, you charged at me like a bull," Shig said. "Luckily that soldier happened to be nearby," he eyed the soldier. The soldier's fingers were all chopped up. His chest was cut open as well as his neck and face.

Ryota stood up and looked at himself. "I don't even remember what happened," he muttered.

Just then, Yuuta came walking towards them.

"Where's Hiroka?" He asked them.

"This guy pisses me off even more than you," Ryota said while slowly stepping towards Yuuta. Shig stepped back and watched with a straight face.

Ryota lifted up the katana and stabbed Yuuta through the eye. Yuuta screamed. Ryota pulled the katana out and stabbed his genitals. Yuuta kept screaming.

"A long, slow painful death. That's cruel," Shig crossed his arms.
"He deserves it," Ryota said. He stabbed Yuuta through the throat with a grin. They watched his body fall to the ground.

"That was fun, but I want more," Ryota sat down by his face.
"Huh? What are you planning on doing?" Shig asked.
"I'm going to behead him! Then give it to Hiroka as a punching dummy," Ryota said with sparkly eyes. He used the katana to slowly behead him.

After a few minutes, he finished.

Ryota stood up, picking Yuuta's head up by his hair. "Look at this," Ryota smiled as he began to punch the face.

"Ohh, I want a picture," Shig grabbed the head and took a quick picture. "Then, I'll be going. I'm sure we'll meet again," Shig gave him a smirk before running off. Ryota watched, then lowering the head.

"Yuuta... I'm sorry..." Ryota mumbled.

"Hey! I'm Yuuta, it's nice to meet you!"

"Wanna come to my place for a video game filled weekend? It'll be fun!"

"Dude... that ball nailed you in the face. Give me your hand..."

Ryota grabbed his diary then looked at it.

Diary of Hiroka

24:16 Hiroka is sad

"Hiroka? I wonder what happened..."

Back With Hiroka and Azumi

"Azumi? What's... wrong-?"

Azumi shakily pointed down. Hiroka looked down and saw a knife lodged in her stomach.

"No! No no!" Hiroka yelled.

Azumi began to fall down. Hiroka caught her, but slid down onto her knees.

"Azumi! It's okay, we can patch it up," Hiroka stammered. Azumi just shook her head.
"It's fine... you shouldn't... waste your breath..." Azumi said.
"No, I have to help you!"
"Not now, there's no saving me now," Azumi smiled.

"Why... why are you smiling?" Hiroka asked as she began to tear up.
"I knew my death would be coming up eventually," Azumi told her. "It's part of life," she muttered.
"Stop! Don't talk like that!" Hiroka cried.

"I've made a sin, I betrayed you. I know it was the worst mistake of my life," Azumi said.
"I don't care about that! It hurt then, but this hurts even more! You're my friend and I love you! Reverse it all! Kill me! Please!" Hiroka cried. Azumi's eyes widened.

"Thank you Hiroka," Azumi muttered. Hiroka began to sob as she stared at Azumi.

"Hey... show me where you cut yourself..." Azumi muttered.
"Wha? O-okay," Hiroka showed her the wound she made. Azumi traced her fingers over it.

"The wound has healed," Azumi felt her eyes water up, but she smiled.
"Azumi..." Hiroka started. "You're smiling again..." Hiroka said.
"That's because... I've made a real friend. A best friend. I'm so happy! More happy than I could have ever been," Azumi smiled at her. Hiroka's eyes widened and more tears fell from their eyes.

"Don't leave me..." Hiroka muttered.

Azumi kept her smile plastered on her face. She then got this more relaxed look and stopped breathing. Hiroka stared in horror.

"Azumi! Please wake up! Wake me up from this nightmare!" Hiroka yelled. She hugged Azumi tightly. "Come back... please," Hiroka cried.

The warehouse door began to open. Hiroka looked up.

Ryota stood there, panting softly. His eyes widening when he saw her eyes red and watering. He quickly ran over to her.

"Ryota..." Hiroka mumbled.
"Hiroka... I'm Sorry," Ryota muttered while staring at Azumi.
"Ryota..." Ryota looked at Hiroka. Hiroka wrapped her arms around him and quickly hugged him. He wrapped his arms around her.

"Ryota! Why did this game have to exist? I miss her!" Hiroka cried. Ryota softened his looked.
"I know, please don't cry. I hate seeing you like that..." Ryota mumbled. Hiroka looked at him. Ryota gently placed his forehead against hers.

"We need to go home, alright?" Ryota whispered in her ear. Hiroka just nodded her head. The two stood up. Ryota grabbed onto her hand, intertwining their fingers. They began to walk out of the warehouse. Hiroka looked back at Azumi's corpse. She slowly looked down.

"I need some alone time," Hiroka mumbled while walking away.
"Okay, be careful," he called.

Ryota looked down, he grabbed onto the door and began to lower it.

'Hiroka must have really loved her. Azumi also. I should have fought Eleventh. Then Azumi wouldn't be dead.' Ryota opened his eyes he then began to smirk. 'Though, she's the bitch for leaving us! She deserved it!' Ryota shut the door.

Hiroka stared at the ground as she walked. She felt as if she was about to die herself.

"You look drunk."

Hiroka looked up and saw Shig standing a few yards away from her.

"W-What do you want?" Hiroka wiped her eyes.
"Nothing. Have you seen what Ryota did?" Shig asked.
"No..."
"He beheaded my cousin! It was so terrifying!" Shig said. The two stood in silence for a few seconds.

"You're not buying that, are you?" Shig asked. Hiroka shook her head. "He has the head with him," Shig said.
"Umm, that's weird," Hiroka muttered.
"You seem sad..."
"Oh, yeah I-"
"I don't care, bye-bye!" Shig waved before leaving. Hiroka sighed.

"I'm back Hiroka~!" Ryota jogged up to her. Hiroka looked down and saw Yuuta's head.

"Why the head?" She asked.
"Punching dummy?" Ryota smiled sheepishly.
"Geez, you're so weird," Hiroka walked up to him. She grabbed his shirt and pulled him down. Then placing her lips onto his. Ryota began to blush but relaxed. He then picked her up bridal style. "Ah!"

"Don't worry! I promise I will make you happy!" Ryota smiled at her. He then threw Yuuta's head on her lap.
"I don't want that!" She yelled.
"Fine, you can throw it out." Hiroka quickly slapped the head off her lap.

"Oh, what were you doing while I was on my own?" She asked him.
"I had to pay my respects." Ryota grinned at her. Hiroka gave him a small smile.
"Why did I fall in love with you?" She chuckled.
"Hahah, I'm glad that you love me!"