Tattoo Shop [Pt.3]

Sorry for the wait, guys! A bunch of you on the Lams amino were telling me to do part 3, soooo

Also, this is John's POV 
• • •

Finally.

Finally.

Alex figured out.

I started doubting it, actually. Us being soulmates. With him meeting Eliza and all, I had given up on him.

I had given up on him.

I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have ignored my feelings. I shouldn't have ignored the blush that blooms on my cheeks every time he says hi to me or how nervous I get when he starts speaking to me. 

We were different, then.

We are different now, too.

It's been two weeks since Eliza found out. Alex and I both decided to give her space before speaking with her, so we wouldn't be crowding or overwhelming her.

Alex had been staying at my place for the past couple of days, and we've been talking to each other like…like a couple. But, an awkward one. It's as if we were suddenly put into this moment of realization that we never acted like just friends.

From the very beginning, even we were young and had just met, we already acted like lovers. But, we weren't.

"Wake up, Jacky," a soft voice whispered into my ear. I groaned, my eyes slowly opened to see the cute face of Alexander, who was wearing one of my longest shirts and some pajama shorts. I smiled faintly.

"Hey, Lexi," I whispered back. He grinned in satisfaction when he saw I was awake. Our relationship was growing. Obviously, we aren't perfect, and I loved it. I loved how we weren't just some random couple.

A romantic relationship takes time.

I will give him all of mine.

I rubbed my eyes and groggily sat up, Alex pecking me on the cheek. "Come on, you need breakfast," he said, leading me to my kitchen table. I stretched out and started setting it up with two table cloths and silverware for the both of us.

"John, we need to speak," he looked at me. I raised a brow as I put some cups down. "What about?" "Eliza." I inhaled sharply. He didn't love me, did he?  He just felt pity on me, right? He's going to leave me to be with Eliza, isn't he? I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

"Y-Yeah?" I stammered. He came over to me and took my hand, squeezing it. "We need to talk about her and to her, John. We can't avoid the topic anymore." I had hoped he wouldn't mention it in the time that we've been together. I had to face it eventually, didn't I?

I looked down. "You're right, Alex. You're always right," I mumbled, nodding. He smiled and sat me down, placing the cups in front of us. "Alex, I-I know that we've only been together for two weeks, but… are you going to leave me?" My voice cracked. 

He gasped slightly, taking my other hand and putting it on his cheek, leaning on it. "Jacky, I know you think I'll go back to Eliza. I promise you I won't," he assured me. I gave a sigh of relief. "Then, let's talk."

"We need to tell her what happened," he said. I knew he was right, again, and I nodded. "But, how do you tell someone something like this? I feel so bad, getting in between the two of you-" "John. I've always loved you. But," he started. I blushed. "But?" "I didn't want my parents thinking I was weird because I liked boys." He turned his head to look away. I understood.

In fact, I understood on a more personal level. It took my parents years to start talking to me normally again after I came out to them. But, eventually, they accepted me. Of course they did. I'm their child. How could someone do something terrible to their child?

"I know, Lex. I'm so sorry you had to go through that…" I muttered, moving his head to look at me, placing my forehead on his own. He sighed in content. "Peaches, I feel bad, too. But, what will we do to help her?" he asked, pulling away slowly. I thought for a second.

If Eliza wasn't Alex's soulmate, it must mean that she could have a different one. She still has a chance at love. We just need to help her find it. "How about we get her an appointment to the Tattoo Shop?" I blurted. Alex looked at me skeptically. "And how would that help?"

"She'll realize you weren't her soulmate and she still has a chance at true love!"

Wow. That felt so offensive saying that out loud, mentioning that Eliza wasn't Alex's soulmate. Though I felt pride in being Lexi's one and only, I still felt a large amount of empathy for Eliza. If I was in a situation like that, I don't know what I'd do…

"That's… That's… Brilliant! You're a genius, John!" he grinned, kissing my head. "Lets do it!"

"How about we eat breakfast first, Alex?" I chuckled. He laughed nervously and nodded in agreement. "If you want, I'll make some eggs," he offered. "That would be great, you smol angry man," I replied. He narrowed his eyes at me and glared for a second before going off to make some breakfast.

• • •

<Eliza>

I've been in my room for weeks.

It felt like months.

Me and Alex were together for almost two years, so how did all of it just come.cradhing down so quickly? How come.he never told me he was gay? Or… bi? I admit, I'm not much of the LGBT+ expert, or even supporter, really, but I knew a couple of things here and there about men with men sexualities

I trusted John. I could always tell that he had a crush on my boyfriend, but I trusted him enough to not do anything about it. Look where that got me. I should've known. It was so obvious they loved each other, but I didn't want to give in.

Did Alex even love me in the first place? If he's gay… would that mean he didn't even love me? Ever? A small tear slowly went down my pale cheeks, I quickly wiped it away, even though no one was in the room to laugh at me for crying. I didn't want to waste tears on someone who never loved me.

I wonder if they're happy together. And if they are, should I be happy for them? I mean, I always wanted Alex to be happy, so I should be happy. But, I have the right to be sad, right? He was my boyfriend, after all. It's only fair for me to feel grief and… anger.

I'm angry. He technically cheated on me! With his best friend! Who's a guy! I deserve better, don't I? That's what Angelica is saying, at least. I believe her, now. A knock echoed through my large bedroom. It must be my sister. "Eliza?" I heard Peggy's almost childish voice ring into my ear. "Peggy? Where's Angelica?" 

"She's at work.." She said, a hurt tone in her voice. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't get enough credit for what she does. "Pegs, want to talk to me?" I encouraged. She cracked the door open and nodded. I pat the floor next to me, signalling for her to take a seat. She did.

"What's up?" I whispered. I could tell she had noticed the tear streaks that went down my cheeks earlier. I desperately wanted to distract her. "Eliza, I'm so sorry for what happened," she finally said to me, taking me in for a soft hug. She was small, so I embraced her whist my back was arched in the slightest. 

I sobbed. I did so very disgustingly in my opinion, multiple tears racing down my flushed cheeks in inequality and I made loud cries of pain. She pat my hair, murmuring loving hushes into my ear.

"Peggy, I'm so sorry for disclosing you so much I know I've been a terrible sister and I should leave I'm so sorry-" "Betsey. I'm your sister. You and Angelica will always be my built in best friends, and I will never replace you."

"Thank you-" I couldn't stop gasping rapidly, so I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Also, by the way, John and Alex found out who your soulmate is to cheer you up."

I nodded, not really registering it. My head hurt. It came to me. 

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK-"