Not Wanting To Lead

"I'm scared."

The occupant lying nearby didn't respond yet said a person couldn't even if they wanted to. In fact, there was some doubt whether a said person could even hear what was being said by their companion sitting in the chair next to them. Their normally dark feature was slightly ashen, yet despite their comatose state – or possibly because of it, their friend chattered away.

"I'm really, really scared Cyborg, but I'm really not feeling the aster right about now." Robin let out a sigh, running a hand through his dark hair, his eyes shutting tightly behind his mask. "Where do I even begin? Oh, let's start off with the fact I got the team screwed up. Teen Titans is no more because I'm such – ugh. I can't even think of a word. I never used them in front of everyone.

"It's kind of... well, definitely my fault. I was the leader after all and look at you, here lying in the bed. Your dad, Bats, they say you're completely fixed, and that the choice to wake up is completely yours, yet I can't blame you for not. Truth be told I don't know what scares me worse, you not waking up, or you waking up and seeing..."

Robin fell silent, turning to slump over in his chair. "I feel like I betrayed the team. I'm actually..."

The silence must have lasted quite some time, but when Robin started speaking again his voice strained. "I'm a part of a new team now. I didn't..." There came the words he didn't like. "I didn't abandon you guys, but..." Robin placed a hand on his forehead, letting out a sharp hiss through his teeth. "I'm with another team. I keep telling myself, it's to make things right, for all of is, but it feels like I am lying to myself, to everyone."

"I mean... aren't I just being self-centered?" The thought thrummed in the back of his head. "It's..."

His train of thought became lost, his voice silencing. "Am I afraid that they'll find out I'm a freak? I've always embraced it, even though my freakiness has never been like you guys. Is that why I say nothing or is it because of I..." Robin let out an aggravated sound, both of his hands going to the palm of his head while his fingers tightened around his dark locks of hair. "If I fail, will Batman get rid of me? I know it sounds stupid, and probably not me. Like the me you know."

Dick let out a deep sigh. "Look. I need to say it. The new team, they're looking for a leader. But, I can't. I can't lead again. It's driving me nuts."