Chapter 25: Cheer up

"Hey, at least Koro-sensei fixes your hair." Maehara stated placing his jacket over her, so she can cover her chest where she was impaled.
"I know! But he could've done something about my clothes." She whined.
Sensei fell to the floor exhausted, he's giving us the chance to assassinate him.
All good things must come to an end. We all came to the decision that we would be the ones to kill him.
Out of us all, none of us actually wanted to kill him.
"We are assassins........our target is our teacher...." I commented quietly.

Each of us pinned down a tentacle, while Kayano kept his head down. He told us if our grip wasn't strong enough. Nagisa stood above him, once we decided who would actually kill him, holding a knife above Sensei's neck tie.
I didn't want to be apart of it, so I stood with Irina and Karasuma. I shook my head as tears slowly dropped down yet again, Sensei thanking his fellow educators.
"Okie dokie Class, I would like to take one final roll call." He said.
"Karma Akabane"
"Here." His voice quiet and shaking.
"Yūma Isogai"
"Here." Calmly said.
"Taiga Okajima"
"Here." He sounded like he was going to cry.
"Hinata Okano"
She didn't reply, but she cried instead.
"Manami Okuda"
"Yes sir!" She stated crying.
"Megu Kataoka"
"Here." She replied sadly.
"Kaede Kayano"
"Here." She calmly responded, sadness in her voice.
"Yukiko Kanzaki"
"Here." Calm again.
"Justice Kimura"
"Here." He announced almost crying too.
"Hinano Kurahashi"
"Here!" She wailed.
"Nagisa Shiota"
"Here." He replied quickly.
"Sōsuke Sugaya"
"Here." He said.
"Tomohito Sugino"
"Here." Just as calmly said.
"Kōtarō Takebayashi"
"Here." He croaked out.
"Ryūnosuke Chiba"
"Here." He stated.
"Ryōma Terasaka"
"Yo" He replied.
"Rio Nakamura"
"You know it." She replied sweetly.
"Kirara Hazama"
"Here sir." She replied
"Rinka Hayami"
"Here." She whispered.
"Sumire Hara"
She stayed quiet and let her tears fall.
"Yuzuki Fuwa"
"Here." She replied quickly.
"Hiroto Maehara"
"Hm." He hummed.
"Kōki Mimura"
"Here." He sniffled.
"Takuya Muramatsu"
"Yeah." He responded.
"Tōka Yada"
"Here." She cried.
"Taisei Yoshida"
"Here." He cried.
"Ritsu"
"Here." She too cried.
"Itona Horibe"
"Here." He whispered.
"Finally, (y/n) Asano"
I stood there silently letting tears stain my cheeks, staring at the floor.
"Here." I whimpered quietly. I walked over to his head, knelt down beside it and whispered something with a sad smile.
"I'll make sure Kayano and Nagisa get together, just like Karma and myself." He too smiled sadly yet happily my
"I'm glad." He commented. I stood up and walked back to the two members of staff.
"I say this with all sincerity, it's an honour to be assassinated by you. As a fellow spirit, one traveller to another, give a yell for all life, and strike." Those were his last words as Nagisa held the knife shakily above our sensei's chest. He's nervous....Sensei put a tentacle on the side of Nagisa's neck to calm him down. Nagisa held the knife above senseis chest again, crying as he took a deep breath and spoke.
"Good bye. Koro-sensei." Then he drove the knife through him.

Small firefly like lights floated away from senseis body as they all let go of the tentacles. It was a beautiful yet sad sight. They all sat on the floor heads down as the mission was completed. All of them burst out crying. Even Irina. I walked up to Karma and wrapped my arms around him as I knelt in front of him. His head resting on my shoulder as tears dropped onto the floor. I looked over to some of the girls but only one was looking at me. I mouthed a sentence to her 'we have to get them to stop crying.' And that's when an idea hit me. I just need to pick one.
(Play song in media xx)
"First things first, imma say all the words inside my head...." I began quietly singing, so only he could hear.
"I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been..." his crying had calmed down a bit which made me smile.
"Oh oooh ohh the way that things have been. Oh ooh oooh..."
"Second things second, don't you tell me what you think I could be..." I heard a very quiet, almost inaudible, voice from behind me, I turned my head and looked to see Kanzaki.
"I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea...." she continued to sing quietly to the nearest person to her.
"Oh ooh ooh the master of my sea oh ooh ooh." Another voice joined in, I looked around and saw Kayano with Nagisa crying in her arms.
"I was broken from a young age, taking my sulking to the masses, writing my poems for the few that looked at me, took to me, shook to me." The three of us sang quietly. More of the girls were starting to stop crying, recognising the lyrics.
"Feeling me singing from heartache from the pain." Three new voices joined in, I looked around and smiled, knowing we were all cheering up. Megu, Yada and Rio were the three new voices.
"Take up my message from the veins, speaking my lesson from the brain..." another voice chorused, the six of us looked and saw Hinata, smiling sadly, singing.
"Seeing the beauty in the....." The seven of us sang in perfect sync, all I could hear now from everyone else was quiet sniffling and the occasional whimper.
"Pain~"
"You made me a, you made me a believer, believer...."
"You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer" Another two voices joined in as we sang. It was Fuwa and Hayami...
"Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain...." The nine of us continued singing and smiling. This is what Sensei would've wanted. For us to be happy.
"My life, my love, my god, it came from
(Pain)....." The sniffling too dies down as more girls joined in the song, and I felt karma sit up straight and look at me and then he looked around.
"Third things third, Send a prayer to the ones up above. All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove, oh ooh, Your spirit up above, oh ooh." Sumire and Kirara mused in, now smiling, knowing what we were doing.
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer...."
"You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer"
"Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain...."
"My life, my love, my god, it came from
(Pain). You made me a, you made me a believer, believer...."
We finished and we're sat smiling at each other like idiots. I looked over to Irina and Karasuma who were stood there shocked. I watched as she walked over to me and set a hand on my shoulder.
"Well done. I'm proud of you, All of you. You did something we couldn't." She smiled and walked back to Karasuma and down the mountain. I turned my head back to E-Class, only to find them all staring at me.
"U-uh......why are you all staring at me like that?"

Vote, comment, share 💕💕