Akira x Akechi Valentine's day special

Valentine's Day, a special holiday where couples express their love or others confess to their crushes. Chocolates and roses are popular during this time of the year. It's a day overflowing with passion.

Akira Kurusu, a second year high school student, recently was released from jail. It was known that he had a criminal record but that wasn't the reason. He turned himself in to relieve suspicion about being the presumed leader of the infamous Phantom Thieves. This action was suggested by prosecutor Sae Niijima and just yesterday, she was able to get him out of prison. He now spends his time in Leblanc's cafe portion, waiting for invitations on this day of passion. Sojiro is out for the day and has entrusted the cafe to Akira for a short while.

The student lazily slouches his form onto the cafe counter while still in his seat, scrolling through messages on the device. Will he just spend Valentine's Day alone? He isn't dating anyone at the moment.

The bell nestled above the door, chimes as a figure enters. Assuming that the person was just a lonely customer, he continues to gaze at his phone, waiting for possible invitations. The figure had a slightly slouched form and makes his way to the awaiting boy at the counter, taking a seat next to him. Akira still didn't bother to look. He didn't mind if anyone sat next to him but he probably didn't know him, considering Leblanc attracts all types of new people, not just locals.

The figure looks down at the item in his grasp and could feel the warms tears building up, making his vision cloudy.

"Akira?" He says softly.

Having a stranger call him by his name was... not normal? Does this figure know him? Curiosity filling the student, Akira turns his attention to a pitiful young man. He was bandaged in places going from his arm to his head. The wounds were awful, almost anyone passing by would want to help this boy in some way, even Akira. Fresh, warm tears made their dramatic descent on to the boy's lap where his attention remained. His hair was still the same soft brunette as it was before, draping over his face, covering shame and embarrassment.

"You're..." Akira drifted his thought aloud. He wasn't dead after all. He's living and breathing right in front of him. He couldn't believe that Akechi lived through that despicable puppet scheme, set up by the one man who ruined both of their lives: Masayoshi Shido.

Goro Akechi, a third year high school student; the school he attends is unknown however he is marked an honors student. His popularity rose from his work and his rather attractive looks. Going by the title of the Detective Prince, he's been known to uncover the mental shutdowns and psychotic break down cases, yet he was behind them and merely set up everything for himself. In truth, he wanted someone that would want him around, leading him to climb up and eliminate those who would block his goal. His father was the infamous politician, Shido, and did what he could to be accepted by him, since his mother passed away many years before, leaving the young boy to an orphanage. Akechi was confronted by the Phantom thieves and exposed who he really was leaving the team in awe. After the conflict, none of the thieves nor the public knew what really happened after his disappearance. The Phantom Thieves believed that Akechi was unable to make it out of the palace, leaving his form to crumble in the metaverse. However, he was able slip by, defeating the horrid cognition of himself and safely making his way out of the metaverse, back to the real world. He was left with major injuries and got many of them treated asap, leaving him to heal the remaining wounds.

"Akira.. I... I'm.." Warm tears poured down Akechi's face, showing his vulnerability. "I'm so sorry." He rushed over to quickly hug the dark haired student, almost like he were never to let go.

"Akechi... it's alright now." Akira embraced the pitiful boy in return, causing an everlasting stream continuing down his face, making Akira's shirt slightly damp. Akechi felt the genuine warmth coming from Akira, only making him want to stay like this longer.

"I-I want... us to be friends... I never.." Akechi tried to speak in his shameful state "Hated you or... any of the others."

Akira brought Akechi's form closer to his body, nuzzling into the detective's soft hair, kissing it. Capturing the withering detective's attention, Akira can't see, but Akechi's cheeks were lightly dusted with a pink blush. He melted from Akira's kindness. He wanted to stay like this forever.

"We'll be friends. I promise. Even when I go back home, I'll visit you and the others here in Tokyo when I get the chance." A warm smile formed on Akira's lips. "You have another chance and we have- no, I have your back."

The mournful boy couldn't believe the words from the student's mouth, since he brought so much trouble for the group for merely self-benefit. Akira pulled away briefly and paid close attention the wounds covering Akechi's body. 

"Hey, let's go upstairs. It's more comfortable than down here." Akira says as Akechi regains his posture, back on to the seat. His brown hair swayed with his figure, moving towards the back staircase, Akira following after the young man. Akechi awaits atop of the stairs and in the attic, Akira then makes his way into the room. The dark haired student stands beside Akechi's pitiful form, acting as support while the brunette gives in, slinging his top arm over Akira's shoulder, the two head over to the mattress. Akira gently seats Akechi on to his sleeping mattress, trying to ease the detective. Picking up his feet once more, the dark haired student snatches a box of tissues, bringing it over to Akechi's side and finally taking a seat next to him. He plucks a tissue and lightly dabs away the remaining tears dripping from the student's gentle eyes. Akechi gives in, feeling comfort he's never felt before.

"Thank you, Akira. I appreciate everything... that you've done." Akechi says in a calming tone, relaxing from his outburst of a confession. He leans towards Akira's figure, resting his head upon the student's shoulder, enjoying the warmth. Akira smiles. He does the same and rests his head on top of Akechi's, nuzzling his cheek into the soft brown hair. Neither of them had felt more comfortable, warm and safe. Akira then pulled the sheet over their two forms, leaving the two young students to cuddle, making them at ease. 

"It's all over now, Goro. You're alive and that's what matters." Akira finishes his sweet comment with a gentle kiss on the detective's soft hair. "Happy Valentine's Day."