➳ 04

Toni sat in class next to Scott and waited for their teacher to come in while Stiles ranted on about Derek and werewolves although Scott clearly wasn't in the mood to talk about that. "Does Allison's dad know about the alpha?" Stiles just asked getting an annoyed 'I don't know' from Scott in response. "Stiles, try talking a little louder so the rest of the class can hear you," Toni scowled causing Stiles to roll his eyes.

Their teacher walked around the class handing out tests to the students who mostly looked less than pleased. Toni quickly put the paper away, he was pretty good in school but of course no teacher ever acknowledged that - or him for that matter. He looked over at Scott who looked less than pleased with his grade. "Do you need help studying?" Toni and Stiles asked in sync, but the werewolf shook his head.

"I'm studying with Allison after school today." "That's my boy," Stiles said happily the same time as Toni let out a disappointed 'oh'. "We're just studying," Scott defended himself causing Stiles to let out a scoff. "No, you're not. If you squander that colossal opportunity I will have you de-balled." He put extra emphasis on the 'will' to ensure the consequences for Scott. "Wow," Toni muttered dryly and turned away from his friends.

✖️✖️✖️

"Yo, Toni, need a ride home?" The Mexican turned to his best friend who walked towards his locker. "Or do you wanna hang out tonight since Scott ditched us both for Allison." Toni shrugged. "Sure. Your place or-" "Definitely my place. I don't like your weird pet," Stiles uttered while he followed the other boy outside towards the parking lot. "Erwin isn't weird," Toni sighed with a roll of his eyes and opened the door of the passenger seat of the blue jeep. Stiles had just started the car and pulled out of his parking spot while Toni was looking down on his phone, when the jeep came to a sudden halt and Toni was thrown forward causing him to look up in confusion.

"What is he doing here?" Toni asked alarmed, panic in his voice when Derek Hale collapsed in front of Stiles' jeep. "Uhm," the brunette let out but Toni had already jumped out of the car so Stiles quickly followed. The werewolf looked awfully pale and was panting heavily when he looked up at the three teenagers who were lined up in front of him. "What are you doing here?" Scott hissed at him. Derek showing up at school unannounced was not part of their agreement - not that they had any agreement in the first place but whatever.

"I was shot," he growled, his voice low and slightly shaking from the pain. People started to honk behind them since Stiles' car was blocking the way out of the parking lot but the three teenagers couldn't care less about them considering there was a bleeding werewolf sitting in front of them. "Well, I'm sure you're gonna heal." Toni scoffed, earning a glare from Derek. "It was a different kind of bullet." "A silver bullet?" Stiles asked excitedly getting annoyed groans from all of them. "No, you idiot."

"Wait," Scott spoke up, "she said you had 48 hours." Derek looked up at him in confusion. "Who said 48 hours?" "The one who shot you." Both Toni and Stiles glanced at each other wondering how the werewolf knew about that when Derek groaned in pain and caught their attention. "What are you doing?" Toni asked alarmed when he saw that his eyes were glowing bright blue. "Stop that!" The younger werewolf hissed and looked around to make sure that nobody saw him. "I can't!"

Scott groaned, "help me put him in the car." Toni quickly helped lifting Derek up and sitting him in the passenger's seat. "You need to find out what kind of bullet they used," Derek said, his breaths got more uneven by the seconds, "she's an Argent. She's with them." Scott rolled his eyes, "why should I help you?" "Because you need me." The younger boy groaned in annoyance but nodded. "Fine. Stiles, get him out of here."