Lost and Forgotten~~A Black Butler Short Story

-Prolouge-

It was cold and raining. The darkness closed in on her and she could not move on anymore. Tired and desperate, she sat down against a tree. "So cold..." she murmured through almost blue lips.

There was a crack and the sound of something falling. Her eyes shot open just before the branch hit her. A penetrating scream left her lips. Then, the young girl faded into darkness.

______________________________________________________________________________

Sebastian Michaelis had been preparing the young master's dessert for the night when he had heard her scream. He knew full well it was that of a human and not an animal, unlike his master. Ciel Phantomhive had also heard the noise in the night but had dismissed it, thinking it to be some lost wolf or a mother in despair. Whatever it was he could not be bothered with it.

Sebastian did not want to act if his master had not ordered him to. He found it trifling to get mixed up with mere worthless humans, but this scream. It was definitely a human in desperation.

"Bardroy, please finish the preparations of Young Master's dessert. I have something else to attend to," Sebastian said quickly leaving the mansion.

He ran through the night, searching for the source of the noise. He finally found her, crushed under a branch, body limp. Sebastian swiftly picked her up and brought her back to the mansion. He placed her in his bed that he rarely used. Her wet body had already made the sheets damp.

Sebastian knew she was probably cold and most likely had a fever from being in the cold so long. He quietly placed a couple blankets over her and left the room. For now, while she was unconscious, he would have to keep about his normal duties as a butler.

~~~

The room was dark. Pitch black. The only light came from the sliver of a moon outside of the small window.

She was lying in a bed. It felt hard but the sheets were soft. She slowly sat up in the bed, wincing at the pain in her abdomen.

"I wouldn't do that," a sly, smooth voice said through the darkness. A hand pushed her back down on the bed. The young girl gasped and looked for the speaker in the room. Two crimson eyes stared at her through the darkness. It was a man. Clearly. And he stood above her, staring her down in the black.

"Who are you?" she asked the man.

"I am Sebastian Michaelis, butler of the Phantomhive household," the man introduced himself. "And you are, Miss?"

The girl paused, not wanting to answer. "I... I am-Thank you!" she said suddenly, changing the subject quickly.

The crimson eyes widened. "For what?" Sebastian asked.

"For saving me. I know it was probably not your place or your duty to save me from under that branch, but you did. So I thank you."

"It was nothing." Sebastian closed his eyes. He slowly backed away and thought. Why? Why did he save her? "You did not answer my question from before," Sebastian said, reopening his eyes.

"It is none of your business who I am," she said slightly curt.

"The however shall I address you?" Sebastian was playing around with the young girl. She did not seem that appetizing but when her death came, she'd make for a brilliant snack.

"Alice. You can call me Alice for now," the girl said finally.

"I assume that is not your real name young Alice," Sebastian said.

"It is not but at the moment I do not feel comfortably with sharing my name with someone I just met." Alice tried sitting up again but a firm hand pushed her back down.