Steampunk Revolution

It was 1945, and London England had been warned of a new weapon of sorts. The United States had just created the first successful Atom bomb, and was deliberating on what to do with it. Scared of this power, and scared what would happen if anyone else learned how to create it, they took rapid measures. They created a bunker, almost like a labyrinth under London. After finishing it after six years of grueling work they gave jobs to two-hundred worthy citizens of England. At first it was good pay, and they were allowed to house in the many rooms of the bunker. For about the next eight years, they all worked diligently and quietly, updating systems and fixing random oddities. Soon, however due to 'Extra measures' they were not allowed to go above ground anymore because the bunker may be leaked to the public. Even though there was a uproar about this, most of the long-time residents of the bunker had no life on the surface anyways. They had given up a long time ago. After that incident the situation only became worse. The guards who went underground became spiteful and rude to them like they were discusting rats in a sewer, and soon, gradually and slowly, the pay dropped to zero. The 'steampunks' as the guards called them (behind their backs the steampunks called them grounders) started getting rowdy and unhappy with their situation. They began to 'forget' to finish a job, or not do it all the way- and the guards started to threaten. But what was there to threaten? Maybe to fire them, kick them to the curb, but what if they leaked the info they so wanted to hide? Suddenly, in 1950, the guards began to punish- and even kill- some of the workers. Slowly and steadily the workers began to dissapear from jobs and show up for them bloodily and bruised. The beaten were jumpy, scared like mice, and were often killed later for their inability to work. After another hear of this the Steampunks fought back, and when they took their revenge, they took it hard. They wanted freedom, and some even brought forth in their small governing system, to revolutionalize and become their own country. Surely they were large enough, they were larger than many countries they learned from books they read before becoming a worker. And so it was said- they were to break free from the reigns of England.

This is The Steampunk Revolution.

We will fight.

We will rise.

We will stand.

We are Steampunks.

                                                                                  We will survive.