Chapter 1

I walked down the school hallway, my feet making slow clapping noises each time they hit the cold tiled floor. I kept my gaze down at my feet, not having the courage to look at anyone. It was my first day here, and somehow I already felt like I wanted to leave.

Horrible reviews were left about here. According to media, the school teachers were cruel to their unwilling students. Students would relentlessly bully others, and the school had a record of lawsuits, school against angered parents.

Everyone wore the same thing. Since it was a private school, we had a uniform. For the women, we had a black blazer with a blue silk bow tie resting around our neck. We wore a blue and black plaid skirt, that went to the top of our knees. It was completed by waiter-like black shoes, and blue stockings. For the men, the same blazer and bow tie as the women, but they had black jeans. They wore the shoes, but not the socks.

As I walked, my backpack seemed to sag against me. It seemed like it weighed hundreds of pounds, pulling against my shoulders in a hope to stay up. I took my hand and gently pulled it back up.

A woman skipped up to me, seeming about my age. She had long, wavy black hair with beautiful, sparkling blue eyes. She seemed really short, maybe around 5"5. I was 5"11, so I was better than her on that scale.

She had pale white, smooth skin with freckles dotted around on her nose and cheeks in a bandage shape. She had a light rosiness to her cheeks. She said in a chipper voice, "Hi! I'm Hannah! I've been assigned to show you around," with a small happy nod. "I'm sure you'll love it here, the cafeteria food is to DIE for."

I giggled at her remark. "I'm Lizzy. And i'm sure.." I paused, remembering the reviews about the area, the teachers, the students, the school.. "I'll absolutely love it here. The decor is astonishing."

"Isn't it?" She gushed, "It seems like they change it daily! I never get bored of it." I smiled in response, never being too good at social interaction.

She grabbed my hand, and led me to a tidy, long row of pearl white lockers. She pointed at one, number 384, and said, "This is yours!~ Right next to mine."

She dug in her black backpack for a moment, before pulling out a small padlock. She looped the top through a small hole, and smiled to herself. "Alright, so this is your lock! Do you remember your combination that was sent in the mail?"

I nodded slowly, before kneeling in front of my locker. I fumbled with the padlock for a moment, and then it clicked, slowly swinging open. I looked inside, and it had light pink wallpaper with a shelf that was positioned high in the locker. It seemed like it could fit a book or two in the top, and an entire person in the bottom. Or a few backpacks, whatever you prefer.

Hannah smiled, "Good! Here- let me help you." She pulled my bag off of me, and pulled out my pink binder which contained all my folders, notebooks, and my fluffy white diary. 

She took the now-empty backpack and placed it in the bottom part of my locker. She then closed it ever so gently, and handed me my binder. She then did the same for herself; grabbing her black binder and putting the emptied backpack in her locker, gently shutting it.

She clutched her binder to her chest, while I just held it to my side. She opened her mouth to speak, but the bell rang and people began rushing down the halls. She smiled, "Math class! Just follow me and you'll do fine." She then grabbed my hand and dragged me down the hall after her.