one

I never expected my life to turn out the way it did. Never in a million years would I have expected to fall deeply in love with him. But things don't always go the way you expect them to.

*.*.*

"Isaac, will you hurry up please? You know how mad dad gets when you take too long out here.." I said, folding my arms over my chest. "Besides, this place gives me the creeps.." I muttered, looking up at my brother as he worked the crane. My brother, Isaac, doesn't have what you would call a normal job.

Isaac digs up graves at a cemetery for a living. Exciting, right?

"Did you just see that?!" Isaac asked frantically, pulling out his other headphone, stopping his music. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, see what?" I asked him, my voice filled with confusion. He just sat there, staring at something off in the distance.

"I thought.. I thought I saw.. Never mind. Will you just come in here with me? I don't want anything to happen to you." He said, calming himself down. I rolled my eyes.

"Scoot over." I told him as I climbed on the large crane, sitting next to my brother. I mentally groaned. It was such a tight fit, and I just wanted to go to sleep. I don't want to go home, because of my dad, but I just want to sleep in my own bed.

My thoughts were soon interrupted when the crane slowly started to fall sideways. "Mia! Mia try to get out!" My brother said frantically, yet again. What the hell?!

"I can't I-" I was cut off by the crane tipping over completely, Isaac and myself both falling into the grave he had been digging. I landed on the cold, hard dirt.

"Mia, are you okay?" Isaac asked, standing up quickly. He put his hand out for me to grab. I sat up, taking his hand. I groaned loudly and opened my mouth to speak, but Isaac shushed me. "Shh! Did you hear that?" He asked, whispering. I listened closely.

"No, Isaac, I don't hear anything! What the hell just happened!?" I asked him, my heart racing and my shoulder aching. "Can we please just get out of here and go home?" I begged.

"Yeah-Yeah, I think I can get you out." Isaac said, walking over to a wall of dirt. "Come here, I can lift you up and you can get out and get help." I gave him a look.

"Isaac, I'm not just gonna leave you down here!" I said, throwing my hands in the air to add emphasis, my voice serious.

"Mia, just go get help, dammit!" Isaac said, his voice filled with annoyance. I sighed.

"Alright, alright." I told him, before turning around to run away from the graveyard that gave me the creeps and go get some help.

"I'll just wait down here!" I heard Isaac say as I ran away. I rolled my eyes at him, picking up the pace of my running. When I made it onto the road, I stopped and looked around for some type of direction. With no street lights to help me look for assistance, I walked onto the empty road. I heard tires screech, causing me to whip around as a grey Porsche came to a halt about two feet in front of me.

"What the fuck!?" I shouted loudly, throwing my hands in the air as the door of the Porsche opened. Out stepped a guy around my age. Whoa, he is cute. Scratch that, he's hot as hell.

"Watch where the hell you're running!" He yelled back in an annoyed tone. I cocked an eyebrow at him, ready to snap at him, but then I quickly decided not to and focused on what I was supposed to be doing.

"I need your help, my-my brother he needs help, there's been an accident, please call 911!" I told him frantically, taking a step forward.

"Why should I help you? You almost just ruined my car." He stated, crossing his arms over his chest.