Chapter 4

Alfred's face was hot and wet with sweat. He observed his own hands again and teared up. The gunpowder smelling air engulfed the room.

The hot gun wasn't in his wet hands but across the room along with the bloody knife. There were freshly made bullet holes lined up all around Alfred's thin walls.

He observed the wall holes then checked his body for any gunshots wounds. There were none. Alfred nervously chuckled before it went into full blown hysterical laughter. Tears streamed down his face while he laughed. Nothing really made sense anymore.

Alfred fell back onto the floor and covered his face. He really is going insane. He tried to calm himself and understand the situation, but he couldn't. No one else is here but him, that is, until he heard a few footsteps.

Alfred quickly stammered to get up and grabbed the gun and pointed out of fear. A couple policemen stood shocked.

"We're not going to hurt you; we just heard some gunshots. Did anything happen?" The older police man eyed him.

Alfred's sleeves and pants were rolled up to expose the many red cuts all over his arms and the words over his thigh. He was also blushed red and wet from all the nervous sweat, while he held a gun alone in a room.

"He's ill." The younger one whispered to the grey headed policeman.

"Do you want to come with us to the hospital? We can bandage your wounds." The older one smiled but still held his gun to his side.

Alfred put down his gun and laughed while he covered his hot face. Even the police realize how messed up he is.

"I can't." Alfred thought about how Arthur would react.

"I really think you should go to the hospital or we will force you." The older policeman looked at him sternly.

Alfred chuckled a little as he nodded in defeat. He can't go against the police but his allies might see how messed up he is. He thought about running but ended up following them to the hospital in the end. It's not worth the trouble.

"He's certainly a threat to the public's safety." The younger policeman nodded as if Alfred couldn't hear them.

Before he walked into the hospital, he stared at the sky pondering where he went wrong.

Around 15 minutes in, all his infected cuts were already cleansed and bandaged by an older lady. Alfred tried to leave but no one would let him. He would hear a few quiet whispers every time a few of the nurse ladies walked past and it frustrated him.

"Why can't I leave?" Alfred yelled so at least one of the old hags could hear in the huge room of other patients.

No one responded as he looked around angrily until he noticed someone. Arthur was running at an almost frightening speed towards Alfred.

"Alfred?? Al- what the hell happened." Arthur cried out of breath. "Someone told me they saw you going with the police to the hospital. Did you do anything? Are you hurt?" Arthur frantically looked for any wounds.

Alfred had all his sleeves down and nervously thought what to say.

"The police wanted me to help at the hospital." Alfred smiled at his stupid answer.

"This young man needs help. He was found in his home alone with a gun and multiple wounds over his body from what I heard. He'll need to be sent to an asylum. He's too crazy to be left in the public." An older nurse with hints of gray in her hair whispered in Arthur's ear.

Arthur looked at the nurse in disbelief and back at Alfred.

"No.. not Alfred. You're delusional." Arthur wrapped his arms around Alfred and eyed the nurse.

"No... Arthur. I.. I can't really explain it but I did it all. I'm sorry." Alfred looked down.

Arthur looked at Alfred like he was crazy.

"The strong and powerful America?" Arthur's grasp around Alfred became tighter. "And what do you mean by asylum?? I will never send you to one of those horrid places. I know you're sane."

"Will you watch over him?" The nurse said in a complete monotone voice.

"Of course.. of course I can take care of my Alfred again. Although, I still don't understand what he possibly could've done." Arthur mumbled.

"Great. Keep watch over him or it's the asylum. It'll be my fault if he goes crazy." The nurse rolled her eyes.

Arthur scowled at the nurse and left with Alfred. As soon as they left the building, Arthur froze in quiet anger.

"What the hell?? Alfred?? Tell me exactly what happened! What is she talking about? What wounds?!" Arthur yelled in worried tears.

"I..I don't know what's happening." Alfred's voice cracked.

"Where's the wounds?? Show me!" Arthur grabbed Alfred's wrist and pulled up his sleeves  hoping to see nothing.

Multiple scratches engulfed his arm so his arm itself wasn't even visible. It was cleaned but still swollen red.

Arthur jumped back but immediately looked at his other arm and it was the same.

Arthur gasped and covered his face. Tears started to fall down his face but he couldn't stop looking at the horrible sight.

"Bloody hell Alfred.." Arthur whispered behind his hands.