Part 9-Stop Worrying

Colby's POV
      I order my food and Sydney and I wait for our food. "#321" a man calls out. I step forward and grab our tray taking it to a table. I place the food down quickly and make sure to pull Sydney's chair out for her.

"Colby you gotta stop this." She says looking at the floor.

"What do you mean? Why?" I ask. She confuses me so much.

"There's just so many what ifs." She starts. Pausing to sigh.

"It only makes it harder when you're a gentleman. You're making me like you and I can't do that." She continues. I smile at the fact that she likes me.

"Sydney I told you in the car. It's worth it to me. What if we were meant to be? What if this will be amazing? What if we fall in love? Why can't you like me?" I ask trying to show that there are just as many positives as negatives-if not more.

"Colby it's not about you." She pauses, sighing again. She takes a few bites of her food anxiously.

"It's about the circumstances. The age difference, my school, your fans, your friends, Katrina"

Sydney's POV
       Crap I let that last one slip I hope he doesn't notice. I eat more of my food feeling guilt in every bite. I'm out of shape as it is. This is not the way to get better.

"I don't care about your age. Do you? Or do you care about what people think? I don't care if I lose supporters. You're worth it. My friends would deal with it. They seem to like you anyway. Why did you say Katrina though?" He asks. Of course he heard that part it's not like he's stupid.

"Well no, I forget about our ages most of the time when I'm with you but I can't just come into your life and mess with your career. You know that's not fair to you and I would feel so guilty. I guess your friends didn't seem to hate me that much." I say avoiding the Katrina situation. Hopefully he forgets.

"Losing a few supporters isn't messing with my career, I really wouldn't care. There's nothing to feel guilty about. But what happened with Katrina?" He asks as if he already knows the answer. I hesitate thinking about the consequences of telling him this. Honestly I have no choice anyway so I might as well tell him.

"Well she was giving me really dirty looks the whole time at the amusement park and she just seemed so disgusted. I guarantee you she hates me and that she doesn't approve." I say shyly dipping a fry in my Mcflurry.

"Screw Katrina." He says. I shake my head.

"No Colby you aren't going to lose friends because of me." I state simply.

"You're right I'm not. If I lost them because they didn't approve then they aren't really my friends." He says placing his hand on mine.

"Colby-"

"Seriously Sydney. Stop worrying. Everything will be just fine." He says comforting me as I finish my meal. What did I do to deserve him. He's so perfect.

"So then what are we...going to do about this?" I ask pausing to imply that I'm curious about our relationship status. He raises an eyebrow as we both get ready to exit the restaurant.

"Well, it looks like we have some time so do you want to head back to my house and talk with my roommates?" He asks.

"Um y-yeah I guess that's t-the only thing we can d-do" I reply stuttering nervously.

"Why you so nervous? It's going to be alright. Just follow my lead" he says as he holds the door for me. He always knows what to say and what to do. I'm literally petrified. Katrina scares me that much.

"It's really important what your friends think of me." I explain looking at my feet as Colby opens the car door for me.

"It only matters what I think of you. My friends don't have to ever see you."

"But it matters to me. I don't want to awkwardly avoid them."

"You're making this a bigger deal than it has to be. Just come talk to them with me and we'll go from there." He says running his hand through his hair.

        He's going to get sick of me pretty soon. After around ten minutes in the car we arrive at his house. It's crazy to think I used to dream about this house. I rush to the to the door eager for this to be over, but I trip on my way up the little step. I fall straight on my face. Fantastic. That's just what I needed right now-NOT. Colby literally sprints to where I am now laying like a rag doll. He kneels on the ground next me and instead of picking me up, he turns me over and lays my head in his lap and strokes my hair. I mean the only reason I was running was because I was trying to shake off my nerves. That didn't really work out too well though. Colby pounds on the door. I don't know why he doesn't just get up and unlock it but whatever. Katrina opens the door sees us then just slams it shut. He stops playing with my hair so I look up at Colby to see that he's already looking down at me. He shakes his head sadly and continues to stroke my hair. His other hand finds it's way to mine and we stay like that for a few minutes. Eventually we both get up and head into the house. Colby gets me an ice pack for my now swelling eye and bruised knee. Then he leads me to the familiar black couch. Sam, Aaron and Katrina are also in there but don't seem to notice us. Well at least Sam and Aaron don't. Katrina is glaring at me and giving me looks. When I look at Colby I see that he's clenching his fists.

"Relax" I say softly, trying unsuccessfully to calm him down. He stands.

"No I can't take it anymore" he says raising his voice and staring directly at Katrina. She keeps her eyes on me and scoffs.

"Woah, what's going on?" Sam asks becoming protective of his girlfriend. How can he even be with her? He's just so kind and her she's just- ugh I'll never understand it. Aaron walks out, understanding that this isn't something he wants to be in the middle of. Not that he doesn't belong here but I know that he hates drama.

"Why don't you ask Katrina." Colby says nodding in her direction. This is about to be interesting.

----
Guys I'm so sorry. I starting writing this a few days ago and never posted it. Anyways here it is. Hope you enjoyed.  Feedback is always apprecited

I love y'all💕