O1 | COFFEE TALKS

2NE1 - MISSING YOU

2NE1 - MISSING YOU

*·°• --- •°·*

O1
ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇ ᴛᴀʟᴋs

The air was thick and damp, rain dropping down from the grey skies, weighing down Noriko as she stepped out of the apartment complex she had moved into just two days prior. Sighing, the girl pulled her beige overcoat closer to her body and opened her raven coloured umbrella as she glanced around the busy street; people hurriedly made their way up and down the wet boardwalk, trying to avoid the rain, with long, quick strides and tired expressions. They reminded Noriko of what she had once been, far too busy with everything going on in her life to stop for a minute and enjoy the rain, or simply inhale something other than the worry and stress that infested the air surrounding her.

She was quickly reminded of why she had left her house once her eyes landed on the coffee shop on the other side of the road, the same one she had spotted on the moving day. Her coffee machine broke on that day, and she was desperately craving some coffee - plus, it was an excuse to start getting to know the town and its people.

Glancing up and down the road, she skipped to the other side, closing her umbrella and shaking it slightly to get off the water droplets, entering the shop right after. She sighed in exasperation once she was inside and realised it was completely full, probably those who didn't have an umbrella on them when it started raining. Nonetheless, the girl made her way up to the counter and ordered a black coffee.

While waiting for her order, she had enough time to really take in the place she was in: white walls; wooden counter, tables and chairs; the lighting consisting only of lightbulbs hanging from the white ceiling, emitting a warm yellow light and adorably small potted plants scattered around the shop. Once she got her coffee, her eyes searched around the shop, looking for an empty spot she could claim as hers for a couple minutes.

The only empty seat she found was next to a small group of girls, seated in a dark green booth in the further back corner of the Cafe; Noriko pondered if she should really bother the girls, step into their space uninvited, but before she realised she was already moving towards them, trying to convince herself it was an opportunity to make new friends, or if they rejected her at least she had tried. And for someone who had moved just two days ago, trying was already a big step.

She approached the girls quietly, wearing a shy smile, each hand tightly wrapped around the cup and the umbrella.

     "Uh, hi. There are no other empty seats, and I was wondering if I could sit with you?" Noriko asked, standing next to their booth.