The Shy One

I always loved doing stuff with my older brother, Kyle...but now it's over he's gone and so is the real me! By the way my name is Anna. You're probably wondering why I loved spending time with him so much and why he left. Well let's talk about it.

We were playing around...racing the older kids to the train. I was only 6! All of a sudden I tripped and fell, scraping my knees, hands and legs. I looked at my brother about to cry and sat there for a moment until my friends ran back and asked if I was okay. "I..I..I'm ff..f..fine." I said stuttering over my own tears. Kyle picked me up and began to walk me home. My friends, Isabella and Sherry were talking...

Sherry's P.O.V.- Isabella kept on blabbing on about how we should spy on Kyle and Anna so I agreed to shut her up. Everything was faint but this is what we heard...Anna began "Please don't tell dad, you know he hurts me! I'm begging you not as a friend but as a sister!" Kyle replied " You know he'll find out and it's better that he knows before." Anna cried in pain "but...but!" Then the door slammed behind them. We saw their dad's figure and Kyle's and Anna's and the next thing we knew Anna was upstairs with her dad. Her dad screamed "get on the bed, belly down!" Anna did as she was told and immediately after her dad began to give her a speech and whip her with a belt.

Anna's P.O.V- I slipped my shirt back on and as it slipped on to me it stung my cuts all over my back. Once my puffy eyes disappeared and I came downstairs my dad told me I had to go to camp half blood, because I am a Demi-god. He also told me Thalia would be coming with me. I ran upstairs and packed my bags only just realizing I would be away from Kyle as I got onto the bus. When we got to camp Thalia and I began racing with Grover but Grover looked back and saw we were being chased by something...we ran then Thalia stopped and sacrificed herself, for me. Everybody rushed out trying everything they could but when I felt her pulse it was too late, she was dead! Her father, Zeus wanted her to live forever as a tree who would protect the land of the Demi-gods it was so. Rover and I both carved out names onto the tree...Grover, Annabeth, and Thalia forever. Yes I said Annabeth, my real name!

Anyways a few years later when I was 14 I headed back to my dad but I was older and more mature. It was choosing day...not for me but I wish. Why was I here then?...because my brother Kyle and my best friend Tobias were choosing. They had already taken the test and now they'd decide. In Abnegation choosing day was crazy! It wasn't all that exciting, my brother went to erudite and Tobias went to Dauntless. When would I get to choose? When I'm 16! The next 2 years were painful, I didn't know whether my best friend was dead or alive and I never got to see my brother/friend. They were the only ones who cared about me. All my dad cares about is me being alive. The two years were long and I mean LLLOOONNNGGG!!! But after I got through them a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I was finally 16 and it was time for me to take my test. When I got in I drank some weird liquid and something happened...