Tainted

She cried, but it was too late.  It was oh so late.

The demon already had her.

"Why cry now that you have already summoned me?" the demon vehemently questioned.

"I thought you were a god of good," the woman stammered.

"You didn't search to see if that was true?" the demon taunted, its smile wide and benevolent.  "My my. What kind of witch are you?"

She only hung her head, pulling her scarf and cowl closer to her.  She had made a mistake.  She trusted in intuition, not knowledge.  She trusted in her own ego, not humility and humbleness to discover the pros and cons of such a ritual.  But it was too late.

Damn damn damn...

"Don't beat yourself up, witch," the demon spat after reading her thoughts.  "You knew what you were doing."

The demon used its powers to levitate the young maiden off of her feet, to which she wailed and thrashed uselessly.  She was in the clutches of the malevolent entity and there was no power in her to change the tides.  She was a slave and would always be.

"My beloved lass,"the demon whispered as he pulled her towards him.  "One kiss and you are my bride."

The woman couldn't resist.  She had no willpower, no incantation, no magic rite to fight with.  As much as she resisted, she was nonetheless powerless against this foe.  She knew that now and hated herself for what she wrought.  It would be her undoing.

The demon's lips touched her own and she squealed as his soul like a powder snaked its way down her gullet, spreading like burning acid to every tendon and fiber of her being.  Her members spasmed and quaked, the tears pouring down her face like massive waterfalls as she felt the fire from her foe invade her very soul.

*******

She answered the knock on her door.  The young couple who inquired her services stood on her porch, their faces evidencing questions as to their deceased daughter's plight in the afterlife.

"Come in," she coolly invited them, standing aside as the couple sauntered through the threshold.  She gently closed the door and beckoned them to follow her.  "Right this way."

Her eyes burned red with the hell she shared with the couple's daughter.