2) Divya Mathur Introduction

Divya POV

***********

The plane landed smoothly at the airport

The plane landed smoothly at the airport. It was exactly a seven hours journey. After I claimed my baggage, I headed out to the arrival lounge and finally saw my dad waiting for me.

"Dad!" I squealed as he waved back at me with that broad smile upon his face. As soon as I reached him, Dad excitedly pulled me for a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Barbie Doll, I missed you so much" Dad said with a sad voice.

"Dad, Now I have returned to you na, so no more crying" I told him and wiped his tears.

"Dad, you look very handsome. See there, a girl is starring at you!" I told teasingly and grinned cheekily. Dad shook his head and pinched my cheek lovingly. He took my trolley and pushed it, walking ahead towards the exit. I trailed behind him, leading to the parking lot.

Dad led me to his Black Mercedes GL-Class SUV. He deposited my luggage in the trunk as I settled on the passenger seat. He sat on the driver's seat and drove to our home. I sighed happily returning to India after a long time. I closed my eyes listening to my favorite song from the radio.

"Welcome back Divya Mathur" I greeted myself.

After I completed my under graduation, Anahita(Akash and Dharani daughter) and I decided to continue our master's degree in MBA in London. However, our over-protective parents didn't allow us. We begged a lot. After lots of arguments and crying, finally our fathers allowed to send us to London for further studies. It has been two years since I left my Dad.

Finally, I completed my studies. But Anahita wanted to study 6 months course of fashion designing. So she stayed back there in London, and I came back to India.

My mom Ritika, she is a great human being and a caring mother. But unfortunately, she died 5 years ago because of kidney failure. I was totally devastated. However, Pari maa, I mean Dharani aunt never left me. She took care of me like her own daughter. I will always call her pari maa (Pari maa means Angel mother).

I'm not interested in business. My dream is, I want to become a model like my mom. It's also the dream of my mom. So here, I'm fulfilling my mom's dream.

"Doll, We're here" Dad announced happily breaking my thoughts. I wiped my tears silently.

We went inside, and I looked around to see nothing changed in my house. If my mom was alive, she would have definitely decorated the whole house and prepared delicious food for me. I sighed remembering her. I miss her very much.

"Barbie Doll, I know you are tired. So you take a nap, and I'll call you at lunch" Dad said, and I nodded my head.

I went into my bedroom. I couldn't wait to hit the bed. I drifted off to deep sleep.

AFTER SOME HOURS _____________

I woke up with someone shaking me."Doll, wake up! Come down. Lunch is ready" Dad said softly.