Chapter Thirty-Seven: May 25th

Rob's POV:

My sister wasn't even the one to tell me. It was Matthew who told me that Travis had given her evidence. Shiny hard DNA evidence that it was true. That somehow that monster was able to take the embryo from Guinevere and to insert it to another woman. A woman who we had no idea of their identity.

I was prepared to get into the lab to test for the swab but now I had something else to figure out.

As an individual, Gwen was obstinate but so was I. While my sister and the gang were off wasting time, I was doing to find once and for all who the surrogate was. Who Travis tricked into having his child.

The records weren't hard to get hold off. All I had to do was search for the name. it only made sense that the child had his last name, not hers. The villain was controlling, and manipulative but that was obvious.

I wasn't allowed access to that room. But the hospital was vast, so many staff it was difficult to have so many different access keys. Thankfully for me, the records were no longer done on paper but instead on a database online. I wasn't going to wait around, I wanted to find who she was. I would track her done and ameliorate the situation.

Three years old.

Online the top of the birth records were different tabs. To find records of births. Gwen wouldn't be included but Travis would. The mother, the one who we were so fixed on finding would be.

I typed in the year. 3,103 results.

Scratching my head I thought what else I knew, I couldn't be sure of the dates but it would have to be in the middle of the year, sometime between March and October given when Gwen fell pregnant and how far along she would have been before the staged abortion. There was no way I could search that though, it wasn't a given option.

Bullington.

If he had a surname like Smith or Jones then it would still have tonnes of results. But Bullington? It wasn't exactly a common name.

I looked up away from the screen. Into the room. There were two other people working there. The uniform evidently different to what I was wearing underneath the stolen uniform I took from the changing room.

Feeling panic set in at being caught, I frantically turned back to the screen - to the mission I was undergoing.

I typed his name.

2 results.

I typed in Timothy's name.

1 result.

Born the 25th of May.

And then, there it was... the mother. Who it was that birthed him. I was expecting to have no idea who she was. but the surname. I knew it.

I knew her.

I knew whose sister she was....